[Post-sustainability-committee] Feb 12 campus event: Farmworker Justice Panel

Scott Carlin Scott.Carlin at liu.edu
Fri Feb 8 00:15:21 EST 2019

Here’s a wonderful PDF Poster for the farm worker event:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/zva8ifbqi9qmi3w/Farmworker%20Panel%20LIU%20Post.pdf?dl=0

From: Jennifer Brown <Jennifer.Brown at liu.edu>
Date: Tuesday, February 5, 2019 at 1:33 PM
To: Post-Sustainability-Committee <post-sustainability-committee-bounces at lists-1.liu.edu>
Subject: Feb 12 campus event: Farmworker Justice Panel

Hi everyone,

Thank you Scott for letting us know about these great upcoming events. I also want to share an event that is happening next Tuesday, Feb 12 at 7pm in Humanities 119. The flyer is attached. The event is sponsored by the Social Studies Department and organized by the Justice for Farmworkers Campaign and Rural & Migrant Ministry.
The speakers include:
-Roger Clayman, ED of the LI Federation of Labor, AFL-CIO
-Bishop Provenzano, Episcopal Diocese of Long Island
-Maggie Gray, Political Science Professor at Adelphi, author of Labor and the Locavore
-Juan Antonio Zuniga, CASA Riverhead (workers center)
-Ruth Faircloth, Rural Women’s Outreach Coordinator, Rural & Migrant Ministry

If you are interested in labor side of our food system, as well as immigration issues and worker’s rights, please come. We will be also be talking about the very important Farmworker Fair Labor Practices Act.

I am incredibly honored to be able to bring this event to LIU Post. Thank you for sharing with your students and colleagues. Community members are absolutely invited to attend.

Feb 12, 7-8:30pm, Humanities 119.

Thanks again,
Jennifer

Jennifer Rogers-Brown, PhD