[POST-CEIT-facultycouncil] Full Faculty Meeting

Michele Dornisch Michele.Dornisch at liu.edu
Fri Feb 27 21:57:03 EST 2015

Dear Colleagues,

I wanted to remind you that there is a full-faculty meeting scheduled for Monday, March 2 during the common hour.  This meeting is especially important for faculty who intend to be around as we put the strategic plan into place (through 2020 and beyond).  Specifically, on the agenda is a discussion regarding the Key Performance Indicators for Goal 2 of the Strategic Plan, which focuses on faculty.

Goal 2 reads as below.  This is from the Key Performance Indicators document above.  Please note that the text of the goal in the actual Strategic Plan document that is being circulated currently does not read this way (which is an important point, but I don't have that text right now to be able to specifically let you know what it does say).

Goal 2. LIU will affirm the crucial role of faculty in promoting student learning; developing and reviewing curricula and programs that advance knowledge through scholarly, intellectual, and artistic endeavors; and shared governance. (Faculty Academic Excellence)

The Key Performance Indicators for this goal are located on page 3 and 4 of the attached document.

Once again, I encourage you to attend this meeting.

Michele