[POST-CEIT-facultycouncil] LIU Shuttle from Hicksville

Michele Dornisch Michele.Dornisch at liu.edu
Tue Feb 24 12:07:19 EST 2015

Hi all,

There has been some discussion about the availability of seats (as well as the timing) of the shuttle from the Hicksville train station to the Post Campus.  What we have learned is that the shuttle is paid for by student fees, and therefore students, unsurprising, are the priority.  We have also heard that although there has been some attempt to expand the shuttle times - to do what they'd like it will take an additional $11,000 - and that money is simply not available (or is likely not to be available).

As a result, we are trying to learn the following:

-          Who uses the shuttle relatively consistently?

-          How often do you find that you have issues securing a seat on the shuttle?

-          Are there any specific times in which you find that the shuttle does not operate or you have difficulty getting a shuttle in order to make it to campus?

This information would help us to learn more about the needs of the faculty with respect to this shuttle.

**
Michele M. Dornisch, Ph.D.
Associate Professor
LIU Post
516-299-3676
The perfect is the enemy of the good.dent
The plural of anecdote is not data.