[Post-sustainability-committee] Updates: Campus Sustainability/Center for Sustainability
Scott.Carlin at liu.edu
Fri Feb 16 16:34:51 EST 2018
Center for Sustainability
February 16 2018 Update
1. Our next meeting to discuss campus sustainability issues is Wednesday February 21, 2018 (Common Hour, Pell Hall 231). These meetings are open to faculty, students, and administrators.
2. We will have a second campus-wide meeting, Wednesday March 7, 2018 (Common Hour, Pell Hall 231).
3. We will host our first Faculty Sustainability Workshop Wednesday March 21, 2018 (Common Hour, Wood Hall). This will be an opportunity for full time and part-time faculty to discuss any aspect of sustainability you work on professionally in your research and teaching. Our goal is to build a strong network of faculty and students who can work together collaboratively. On March 21, we will release our white paper for creating an LIU GreenTech Platform. Our goal is to create an online, interactive, data-rich, learning platform.
4. Our Sustainability Dinner will be on April 9th in the Tilles Atrium, beginning at 5:30 pm. Congressman Tom Suozzi is our invited Keynote Speaker. Mark your calendars!
5. Undergraduate Degree Program in Environmental Sustainability. The Department of Earth and Environmental Science is continuing its work to revise the existing undergraduate major.
Scott Carlin, Ph.D.
Director, LIU Post Center for Sustainability
Department of Earth & Environmental Science
Brookville, NY 11548
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Post-Sustainability-Committee