[Post-sustainability-committee] Reminder: Feb 24 Sustainable Post Meeting
Scott.Carlin at liu.edu
Tue Feb 23 20:53:20 EST 2016
We have a really important agenda to share tomorrow. Please do you best to attend this meeting.
AGENDA – SUSTAINABLE POST – First Committee Meeting, Spring 2016
Pell Hall Room 232
2. Hunter Lovins – April 12 Speaking Event (and Dinner?). Next Step: Subcommittee.
3. ACUPCC Climate Commitment Letter – see attached. Recommendation: Letter of Support
4. Aramark and Food-related Updates.
* Organic Food Offerings
* Farmers Market
* Campus Garden
* STARS Update
5. Spring Movie Events
6. STARS/AASHE – Student Volunteers
7. Interdisciplinary Centers – Next Steps
From: Scott Carlin <Scott.Carlin at liu.edu<mailto:Scott.Carlin at liu.edu>>
Date: Monday, February 8, 2016 at 11:19 PM
To: Post-Sustainability Committee <post-sustainability-committee at lists-1.liu.edu<mailto:post-sustainability-committee at lists-1.liu.edu>>
Subject: Sustainable Post - Spring Schedule
Last semester we had a number of successful and exciting events. We still have some work to do assessing next steps!
Hopefully enough of us can meet on the following dates to move our work forward this semester.
Sustain Post - Spring 2016 Calendar – Common Hour in Pell Hall Room 232.
Wed. Feb. 24
Wed. March 16
Monday April 11
At the top of our Agenda is planning a successful April Event.
* Sarah Pomerenke has been doing some exciting work this year on Food Sustainability.
* We still have some important work to do on STARS.
* We have a new undergraduate degree in Sustainability – are there ways our committee can assist.
* The LIU Post process for creating Interdisciplinary Centers will move a few important steps forward this semester.
* Now is the time to reengage on the type of Center we might want with a focus on Sustainability?
* How might we think about Funding such a Center?
* Some of our students did an excellent project in December on the Campus Carbon Footprint.
* We need to revise our LIU Post Green Website!!!
* Can we build a Sustainable Student Club this semester?
Scott Carlin, Ph.D.
Dept. of Earth & Environmental Science
Brookville, NY 11548
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: ACUPCC - LetterFinalDraft Jan 6.pdf
Size: 245813 bytes
Desc: ACUPCC - LetterFinalDraft Jan 6.pdf
Url : https://lists-1.liu.edu/pipermail/post-sustainability-committee/attachments/20160224/0bb6e0b9/attachment-0001.pdf
More information about the Post-Sustainability-Committee