[Post-sustainability-committee] Sustainable Post - Spring Schedule

Scott Carlin Scott.Carlin at liu.edu
Mon Feb 8 23:19:47 EST 2016

Last semester we had a number of successful and exciting events.  We still have some work to do assessing next steps!

Hopefully enough of us can meet on the following dates to move our work forward this semester.

Sustain Post - Spring 2016 Calendar – Common Hour in Pell Hall Room 232.

Wed. Feb. 24

Wed. March 16

Monday April 11

At the top of our Agenda is planning a successful April Event.

  *   Sarah Pomerenke has been doing some exciting work this year on Food Sustainability.
  *   We still have some important work to do on STARS.
  *   We have a new undergraduate degree in Sustainability – are there ways our committee can assist.
  *   The LIU Post process for creating Interdisciplinary Centers will move a few important steps forward this semester.
  *   Now is the time to reengage on the type of Center we might want with a focus on Sustainability?
  *   How might we think about Funding such a Center?
  *   Some of our students did an excellent project in December on the Campus Carbon Footprint.
  *   We need to revise our LIU Post Green Website!!!
  *   Can we build a Sustainable Student Club this semester?

Scott Carlin, Ph.D.
Dept. of Earth & Environmental Science
LIU Post
Brookville, NY 11548