[Post-sustainability-committee] divestment coalition

Scott Carlin Scott.Carlin at liu.edu
Mon May 18 20:35:57 EDT 2015

Thanks Bob.

These campaigns have gotten a lot of attention regionally and nationally.  I think a lot can be learned from those efforts.   I like your use of the term coalition.  I hope this coalition can reach outside of Post for support from neighboring communities and institutions.  I know of one upcoming panel that will tackle this topic:
http://www.leftforum.org/content/shifting-money-shifting-power-fossil-fuel-divestment-and-alternative-energy-reinvestment-str
Someone should try to attend the Left Forum on Sunday May 31.  Excellent networking opportunity.

A second recommendation would be to organize an event to coincide with the third anniversary of Sandy to raise campus awareness re: this issue.
Hopefully this will be an issue that excites our SGA, Student Government Association.  Perhaps the SGA President would be willing to work on this issue over the summer.

Scott Carlin
Earth & Environmental Science