[Post-early-childhood-program] Teaching Opportunity

Efleda Tolentino Efleda.Tolentino at liu.edu
Tue Jun 5 20:49:49 EDT 2018

There is an opportunity to teach at a preschool in Manhattan.  Scroll down for more information.

Efleda Tolentino, Ph.D.
Associate Professor
Early Childhood Program Director
Dept. of Curriculum and Instruction
College of Education, Information, and Technology
Long Island University (Post)
720 Northern Boulevard
Brookville, NY 11548
(516)299-3715

________________________________

Star America Manhattan Preschool is a Reggio Emilia-inspired learning environment in the heart of New York City. We care for and education young children from 3 months to 5 years old. Our doors are open from 8:00am to 6:00pm. during the summer and throughout the school year.

Our school is looking for highly-qualified teachers to work as part of our team beginning June.

Star America Manhattan Preschool provides children with opportunities to explore and challenge themselves while in a safe and nurturing environment. We support each child as a unique individual, while providing a loving and collaborative community to create strong bonds and friendships. We believe that play is the most valuable aspect in early childhood. Play facilitates growth in all areas of social, emotional, and physical development, and sets a foundation for future academic learning.  Through play, we nurture young children's curiosity and imagination.   With the guidance of teachers, children are afforded choice activities that encourage open-ended and self-directed play.

  *   The ideal candidate

-Is dependable, flexible, fun and energetic.

-Loves working with and teaching young children.

-Has excellent written and verbal communication skills.

-Has a strong understanding of developmentally appropriate practice.

-Has an interest in play-based and Reggio Emilia approach.

-Has the ability to collaborate effectively.

-Has the skills to build meaningful relationships with teachers, children and families.

Responsibilities:

-help to set-up and structure the classroom and activities each day.

-collaborate in the planning and implementing of curriculum.

-help to maintain a safe, organized and clean classroom.

-help document daily activities and observations and help complete DRDP assessments.

-help prepare and clean up after meals.

Requirements:

- BA/BS preferred but not required.

-At least 1 year working in early childhood setting.

-Finger Print and Medical clearance

Salary and Benefits Highlights:

-$16-$22 an hour based on experience, education level, and performance.

-2 weeks of paid vacation time.

  *   For more information about our school, please check out the website:

staramericakids.com<http://staramericakids.com>

Job Type: Full-time

Experience:

  *   Early Childhood Education: 2 years

Education:

  *   Bachelor and higher in Early Childhood Education

For more information, contact:
Aaron Ye
(212)262-4896
780 8th Avenue, 2nd/3rd floor