[Post-early-childhood-program] Seeking Youth workers, Group Leaders, Tutors and Teachers

Efleda Tolentino Efleda.Tolentino at liu.edu
Wed Sep 9 12:33:57 EDT 2015

"The 'Expanded Day' Program at Queens United Middle School, located in South Jamaica, Queens, is looking for young adults to work part-time as either youth workers, group leaders, tutors, and/or teachers to support low-income, students of color to achieve overall academic, social-emotional, and personal success!

About the program: 'Expanded Day' is made possible through partnerships with the NYC Department of Education (DOE), Department of Youth and Community Development (DYCD), The After-School Corporation (TASC), as well as the Child Center of New York to provide youth with the opportunity to explore various subject matters that may not be offered during a regular school day. The program also extends the school day allowing youth to have 2.5 extra hours of learning. Through our program,we aim to provide activities that make an extended school day engaging, constructive, and fun, while simultaneously accounting for the unique needs and desires of our students. We provide enrichment in the form of tutoring and elective classes that allow students to grow as individuals, citizens, and students. We also focus on building school and community culture through service learning, school events, and leadership seminars.
We are currently looking for those who have a background in the STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) field, specifically teaching Robotics, and/or ELA (English Language Arts).

If you are interested to learn more about the program or if you would like to apply for a position, please email and send your resume to the Queens United/Child Center of NY Program Director, Gulsun Cavusoglu, atgulsuncavusoglu at childcenterny.org<mailto:gulsuncavusoglu at childcenterny.org>."

All the best,

Gu
--
Gulsun Cavusoglu, MSW
Program Director at Queens United MS289

ph: (516)-241-2762<tel:%28516%29-241-2762>
email:gulsuncavusoglu at childcenterny.org<mailto:email%3Agulsuncavusoglu at childcenterny.org>