[POST-CEIT-facultycouncil] FW: Faculty Hires, Fall 2017 schedules Summer Abroac, Faculty Lines

Michele Dornisch Michele.Dornisch at liu.edu
Thu May 26 18:28:10 EDT 2016

Colleagues,

I am not sure whether Barb was in the office today or not, but for those of you with undergraduate programs and courses, I wanted to email you to let you know that after receiving the "proposed" 2017 schedule from my department chairperson, I immediately wrote to Jeff - as Faculty Council chair - indicating that I was concerned about the scheduling grid as it was not the gird that had been discussed at Campus Leadership Committee meetings over the past year.  I asked for clarification.

As a result, I have received word from Spencer Simon that he sent an outdated grid to Barb by mistake.  He confirmed my understanding that the scheduling grid would include M/W, T/TH, and Friday courses, with each scheduling block to include a certain % of the courses offered in the department.  Also, the schedule will limit the number of courses which can be offered by any department in the 9:30am, 11am, and 2pm scheduling blocks.  I think it is 15% (or maybe 10%) of all course offerings will be required to be offered on Fridays.

Spencer has indicated that he is off until next Wednesday, but that he will send the correct scheduling grid out at that time.

I thought you might be interested - especially the faculty chairs - in this.  I also think all faculty members in the CEIT should be aware of the proposed changes to the department undergraduate scheduling.

I SOOOO much apologize for the barrage of emails everyone has received today as a response to my summary of the most recent campus leadership council meeting.  Apparently, it sparked one heck of a lot of passion.

Michele

Go n-éiri an bóthar leat,
Michele M. Dornisch, Ph.D.
Le mieux est l'ennemi du bien. [The perfect is the enemy of the good.]- Voltaire