[POST-CEIT-facultycouncil] FW: new faculty council officers

Jeongeun Rhee Jeong-eun.Rhee at liu.edu
Sat Dec 3 16:11:50 EST 2016

Please see the email below regarding new faculty council officers.

Jeong-eun Rhee, Ph.D
Professor
College of Education, Information, & Technology
LIU Post
320 Library
720 Northern Blvd
Brookville, NY 11548-1300
(O)516-299-2193
(F)516-299-3312

Editor of Educational Studies
http://www.tandfonline.com/toc/heds20/current#.VE_DT-d9nLw

From: Michele Dornisch <Michele.Dornisch at liu.edu<mailto:Michele.Dornisch at liu.edu>>
Date: Tuesday, November 29, 2016 at 4:08 PM
To: LIU Post Faculty Council <post-FC at liu.edu<mailto:post-FC at liu.edu>>
Subject: Communication Reps

Hi,

I hope I'm not sending this multiple times.

If you are a faculty council representative, please send this to your constituencies.

Dear Colleagues,

As you know, for medical reasons, I am resigning as Faculty Council chair effective December 31, 2016. Unfortunately (?), I will be out on medical leave for a number of weeks in the spring semester, and I did not believe it was appropriate to take the released time that comes along with chairing this committee when someone else would be doing the work for at least half the semester!  Therefore, I decided, with some consultation with my colleagues, that it would be best to resign the position.

At today's Faculty Council meeting, new officers were elected who will assume these positions through the end of the academic year, beginning in January.  They are:

Chair - John Lutz
Vice-chair - Anke Grosskopf
Secretary - Kathleen Feeley

​Thanks,

Michele

Go n-éiri an bóthar leat,
Michele M. Dornisch, Ph.D.
Professor
Le mieux est l'ennemi du bien. [The perfect is the enemy of the good.]- Voltaire