[POST-CEIT-facultycouncil] Book Orders

Michele Dornisch Michele.Dornisch at liu.edu
Thu May 7 14:49:21 EDT 2015

Dear Colleagues,

I recently received an email asking if I know the URL for ordering textbooks in order to address the recent email regarding the federal requirements to have ISBNs identified for books at the time registration opens.  As you know from that email, we were to have had our books listed with the bookstore by April 15 for the fall semester.

I copy Dean Garii here, because I do think that there is a possibility that one thing you can do is list "TBA" rather than having nothing listed if you do not yet know the book you will be using for your classes.  She would be best able to address that issue.

But, the primary reason for sending this email is that I did some searching around to learn the answer to the question I was asked.  It is not easy to find the link to the bookstore and then in addition the link to the form.  Here it is.  You might want to bookmark it since it is not sent out regularly and it is not so easy to locate.  You can also order your texts by emailing the Barnes and Noble bookstore folks - sm722 at bncollege.com<mailto:sm722 at bncollege.com> -  but again, this information is difficult to locate as well, unless you dig deep enough into multiple links.

https://www.facultyenlight.com/node/add/adoption-request

I hope this helps.

**
Michele M. Dornisch, Ph.D.
Curriculum and Instruction Department, LIU Post
The perfect is the enemy of the good.
The plural of anecdote is not data.