[Bkn-health-professions-academy] Welcome to the Health Professions Academy

bkn-health-professions-academy at lists-1.liu.edu bkn-health-professions-academy at lists-1.liu.edu
Fri Jul 19 00:09:55 EDT 2013

Dear students,

I would like to echo the sentiments expressed by Drs Gropack and Masaracchio, and to welcome you to LIU.

I am the Director of the Division of Physician Assistant Studies. Along with several of our faculty and students, I will be there to greet you on Wednesday.

It is a great privilege and responsibility to practice medicine as a physician assistant. Every day in this field is exciting, dynamic and rewarding. My colleagues and I are looking forward to introducing you to our profession!

I am sure you will have a great experience with all of our colleagues in our Division and the School of Health Professions.  If any of us in PA Studies can be of any help to you, please feel free to contact me at elizabeth.salzer at liu.edu<mailto:elizabeth.salzer at liu.edu>.

Best regards,
Professor Elizabeth Salzer
 _____________________________
Elizabeth A.J. Salzer, PA-C, M.A., NYSAFE
Associate Professor & Director
LIU Division of Physician Assistant Studies
1 University Plaza
Brooklyn, N.Y. 11201
Telephone: (718)488-1505
Fax: (718)246-6364

Staff Physician Assistant in Gynecology
Eastchester Medical Associates, P.C.
2426 Eastchester Road, #208
Bronx, NY 10469
Telephone: (718)708-5650
Fax: (718)708-5619

Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 18, 2013, at 23:53, "bkn-health-professions-academy at lists-1.liu.edu<mailto:bkn-health-professions-academy at lists-1.liu.edu>" <bkn-health-professions-academy at lists-1.liu.edu<mailto:bkn-health-professions-academy at lists-1.liu.edu>> wrote:

Dear Students

Hope your summer is going well. My name is Michael Masaracchio and I am the current Chairperson of the physical therapy program. I, along with Dr. Gropack are looking forward to meeting all of you next week. I will be leading up the physical therapy part on Wednesday along with some help from students and faculty. I would like to take this opportunity to welcome you to LIU. I am an alumni of the physical therapy program and have been working with students in the program for 10 years.
The profession of physical therapy is a wonderful field. The ability to touch someone's life and make a difference even in a small way is a feeling words cannot describe. I am looking forward to working with you next week and helping you to learn about this dynamic field.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me at Michael.masaracchio at liu.edu<mailto:Michael.masaracchio at liu.edu>.

Mike

Michael Masaracchio PT DPT PhD OCS SCS
Associate Professor
Coordinator of the Anatomy Lab
Long Island University
Division of Physical Therapy

On Jul 18, 2013, at 4:15 PM, "bkn-health-professions-academy at lists-1.liu.edu<mailto:bkn-health-professions-academy at lists-1.liu.edu>" <bkn-health-professions-academy at lists-1.liu.edu<mailto:bkn-health-professions-academy at lists-1.liu.edu>> wrote:

Hello All,
I hope you are all having a wonderful summer.  My name is Stacy Gropack and I have been working with a great team to organize an amazing week for you. We have quite a dynamic schedule planned for you and are anxiously awaiting your arrival.
To get started, we would like to ask you to complete a brief survey by Saturday.  All your answers are confidential, so none of the other students will see them.
To answer the survey, just click on this link:
http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/healthprofessionsacademy
It will only take 5- 10 minutes to do.

I look forward to meeting you all on Sunday and spending the week getting to know you.
Please feel free to email me with ANY questions you may have.

Stacy
Stacy Jaffee Gropack, PhD PT
Associate Dean, School of Health Professions
Associate Professor, Department of Physical Therapy
Long Island University Brooklyn, NY
sgropack at liu.edu<mailto:sgropack at liu.edu><mailto:sgropack at liu.edu>
718 488 1496
[cid:5606A7FE-4D43-4B86-9C3E-66A5BBDB0C95]
<F9D29414-6197-4656-89FE-372AE7C796DF[406].png>