[Post-sustainability-committee] United Nations Celebration Event: September 27 (Required Action this Week)

Scott Carlin Scott.Carlin at liu.edu
Thu Sep 19 17:11:04 EDT 2019

Long Island University is a representative organization to the United Nations Department of Global Communications.  UN DGC hosts events throughout the year at the UN.  LIU students, faculty, and administrators can sign up for UN events.  For Organization list: Long Island University.  For Affiliation list: DGC (or Dept. of Global Communications).  The event below is sponsored by Bahrain (Not DGC).

Please share this invitation to attend the 2019 World Leader Summit of Love and Peace, co-organized by the Permanent Mission of Bahrain to the UN and FOWPAL at the United Nations New York Headquarters during the 74th session of the UN General Assembly.  You must register by Friday, September 20th to attend next Friday’s events. You will be emailed instructions for attending this event.  Tickets will be distributed at UN Headquarters prior to the event.

On Sep. 27th at CR 1, UNHQ, 7:15 PM ~ 8:45 PM

On September 27th, we will host the Ringing of the Bell of World Peace and Love ceremony. We welcome your input to help create a more meaningful dialogue on how to promote the seventeen SDGs with conscience. With your participation, we will shower the UNHQ with love and peace.

FOWPAL firmly believes that awakening people’s conscience is essential for the attainment of world peace. Each attendee will receive a copy of the book “Be the Spark” and another book that celebrates the UN’s designation of April 5 as the International Day of Conscience. These two books serve as a great educational tool to facilitate the awakening of the conscience in more people.

Online registration is available at https://forms.gle/XBKDDkZw2TAMQLNDA.

[cid:image001.jpg at 01D56F0D.384658D0]

Scott Carlin, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Geography
LIU Post
Co-Director, International Day of Education for Global Citizenship, https://www.facebook.com/IDEGC.org
(516) 299-3404
Twitter @ScottCarlin

“The future is already here, it’s just not very evenly distributed.” William Gibson