[Post-sustainability-committee] FW: 2019 Drawdown Climate Conference Oct 18-20: Discounts and Live Stream Options

Scott Carlin Scott.Carlin at liu.edu
Thu Oct 3 22:23:30 EDT 2019

2019<https://www.eomega.org/workshops/drawdown-learn-conference> Drawdown Learn Discounted Passes for Our Regional Community

Omega Institute for Holistic Studies, Rhinebeck, NY

October 18-20, 2019

RSVP TO REQUEST DISCOUNTED TICKETS

Dear Regional Education Community,

In order to reverse global warming, it’s time for everyone to get involved—to connect and partner, and to weave together disparate efforts into local, regional, and global solutions-oriented movements.  And what better way than by engaging with and supporting the young people who have the largest stake in our efforts?  Since the nonprofit, environmental organization Project Drawdown published Drawdown: The Most Comprehensive Plan Ever Proposed to Reverse Global Warming in 2017, schools, community groups, nonprofits, governments, businesses, and individuals have been galvanized by the solutions-based blueprint.

The Omega Center for Sustainable Living (OCSL) is happy to announce that we have a block of heavily discounted tickets for regional schools and community partners to attend the upcoming Drawdown Learn Conference<http://www.eomega.org/drawdown> taking place October 18-20, 2019.

There will be sessions for educator professional development, youth organizing & resource sharing, updates on the Project Drawdown<http://www.drawdown.org> research, unpacking the Green New Deal, understanding our role in strengthening the Paris Agreement, the importance of working with indigenous partners, climate psychology, eco-anxiety, effective climate communication, and much more!

ONLINE LIVE STREAMING REGISTRATION
https://www.eomega.org/online-workshops/2019-drawdown-learn-conference-live-online

2019 Drawdown Learn Schedule & Session Descriptions

The complete schedule for the weekend from Fri-Sun is at www.eOmega.org/Drawdown<http://www.eOmega.org/Drawdown>.

To view the detailed breakout session options for Saturday, Oct 19 visit: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1CMEnj1lz_xsZQZ6e6j_K-bNzZQWkQ6YuICPVvMmFzNY/edit?usp=sharing

PD credit available:
Teachers can receive PD credit from our partners at PNW BOCES by registering on MyLearningPlan. https://www.mylearningplan.com/webreg/catalog.asp?D=13064&M=&Term=drawdown&btn_View=Search&StartDate=03%2F18%2F2019&EndDate=08%2F31%2F2020&Instructor=&Page=1
There is an additional $25 fee to register for the credit.

If you are teaching or working on solutions, projects, resources, or other ideas to share you can register yourself<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdTDBlEBom8LIS_ATepL9GC2xY_cRaxszOlVIoeddCVSVYlBg/viewform> in the free event expo celebration on Saturday evening, Oct 19.

We are working to support many students, educators, and organizations to join this high powered weekend exploration and strategy session on what we as schools and community partners can do to raise our ambition and contribution to climate solutions and relevant education.

Please post or forward to your networks and especially any students, environmental clubs, educators, administrators, staff, PTA groups and engaged parents, after school programs, indigenous partners, local officials, non-profit organizations, religious organizations, and other important partners you may have. These passes are being distributed on a first come first served basis.  If you have a budget and can pay the regular conference tuition, we thank you for your support in making this work possible!

We recommend that people request discounted passes by or before Wed, Oct 9.

RSVP TO REQUEST DISCOUNTED TICKETS

Students who would like to attend (middle school through college - and younger if they are interested in climate issues) can access $35 weekend commuter or camping tickets using this link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSf3xJgbny706fU3IY1d9v7eMHJ4cpgahBTWIXSXIEMUnCg2tA/viewform

All others can request $95 tickets using this link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfD4ycCglsUBKZn6M783pcO6tE5Zs9ZTXnnCgBdDgH4PqBGGA/viewform

Please enter SKL2019 as your discount code.

ONLINE PARTICIPATION: BECOME A SATELLITE SITE AND/OR WATCH THE FREE LIVE STREAM

If you are unable to attend in person, you can view select sessions on the conference live stream, or create a satellite site event by choosing one or more of the weekend sessions to watch and discuss with your community.

To register as a satellite site and be listed on our website, and to view the free live stream schedule visit www.eOmega.org/DrawdownLive<http://www.eomega.org/DrawdownLive>.

Questions? Contact us at OCSLstaff at eOmega.org<mailto:OCSLstaff at eOmega.org>, 845-266-4444 x388.

We look forward to seeing you in October!

Warm wishes,

--The OCSL Team