[Post-sustainability-committee] "Healing America" (Diet & Disease) event on January 28th

Scott Carlin Scott.Carlin at liu.edu
Thu Jan 25 09:31:12 EST 2018

From: Josh Orlean jsorlean at gmail.com<mailto:jsorlean at gmail.com>

I am writing to invite the faculty and students of the LIU to a special "Healing America" program with Dr. T. Colin Campbell. Please forward this to any affiliated on-campus clubs that might be interested.

Who is T. Colin Campbell
For decades T. Colin Campbell, PhD has been at the forefront of nutrition education and research. Dr. Campbell’s expertise and scientific interests encompass relationships between diet and disease, particularly the causation of cancer. His legacy, the China Project, is one of the most comprehensive studies of health and nutrition ever conducted. The New York Times has recognized the study as the “Grand Prix of epidemiology”.

When and where:
This session will be held from 3:00 to 5:00pm on Sunday, January 28th.
Walt Whitman High School - Performing Arts Center
301 West Hills Rd, Huntington Station

This is a FREE EVENT.

We are inviting people from Long Island who have a passion for making their community a better place, beginning with public health, and who also may find our Healing America campaign of interest.  As you will learn, this is a national strategy, but one that includes the launch in your city of an innovative model for improving public health through plant-based nutrition.

We will share some information on this strategy and if you would like more information on our campaign, you can check out a short video at HealingAmericaTogether.com<https://action.plantpurenation.com/c1.pl?4132e37379635659bd634c20d1d8e89a8f962e78ce92888ef17540a5fb244b42>. A flyer is attached below.

If you would like to attend, please Text “JOIN” to (631) 400-3324<tel:(631)%20400-3324> to receive Updates.
Thank you,
Josh Orlean
Volunteer
516-659-6720<tel:(516)%20659-6720>