[Post-sustainability-committee] Sustainable Post Committee Meets Wednesday Nov 29. Lectures: Monday Nov 27

Scott Carlin Scott.Carlin at liu.edu
Sun Nov 26 21:37:49 EST 2017

Please join us for what could be our last meeting this semester, Wednesday Nov. 29th Common Hour (12:30 pm to 2 pm) – Pell Hall 231.  We will focus on strategies for expanding student engagement with the Center for Sustainability in 2018. We will also discuss updates from our November 1 Action Items - see the attached minutes.

Other News:
Monday Nov 27th. Marc Fasanella will speak with undergraduates, Humanities 119, 5 pm to 6 pm – see attached flyer.  Faculty: Marc Fasanella will also speak with graduate students in Pell Hall 231, 6:20 pm to 8:20 pm on renewable energy (Monday Nov 27).

Join the NOAA Planet Stewards. Selected educators meeting project requirements will be eligible for:
Up to $2500 to carry out an environmental stewardship action project. Applications will be accepted until midnight November 27, 2017. https://docs.google.com/forms/d/10spO5GdLtWdKB9Togih9Bcw0sUHVOiA7ewOSJ5mcy7c/viewform?edit_requested=true

iEat Green Seeks Interns!  See attached.

Antioch University New England & The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) present:
2018 LOCAL SOLUTIONS: Eastern Climate Preparedness Conference. April 30-May 2, 2018, Radisson Hotel Downtown, Manchester, New Hampshire.
https://events.r20.constantcontact.com/register/eventReg?oeidk=a07eeig9umpc6fbcdaa&oseq=&c=&ch=

If you are a scientist from any scientific discipline (e.g. ecology, medicine, economics, etc.), you are invited to endorse a Viewpoint article in the journal Bioscience entitled “World Scientists’ Warning to Humanity: a second notice” by Ripple et al. (2017). http://scientists.forestry.oregonstate.edu/

Scott Carlin, Ph.D.
Director, LIU Post Center for Sustainability
Department of Earth & Environmental Science
LIU Post
Brookville, NY 11548
516-299-3404 (work)