[Post-sustainability-committee] Green Energy August/Fall Internship - Nassau County
Scott.Carlin at liu.edu
Tue Aug 15 16:05:01 EDT 2017
The following internship has been posted to the new LIU internship/job portal:
Please use the portal to access this opportunity.
Please direct questions to the following contact information:
Contact a Career Coach at 516-299-3737 or email post-careersuccess at liu.edu<mailto:post-careersuccess at liu.edu>.
The below outline is specific to what the students will learn and be exposed to while using their skills to connect the dots and engage the communities that will benefit from the intelligence they will be offered.
1. We will train on the NYSS business model
2. Involve students in continued education via the NY-Sun (NYSERDA) Trainers Network
3. Training on outreach efforts directly educating Solar Adopters
4. Involve writing projects towards publisher outreach
5. Participate in organizations that support the Green Energy Initiatives
6. Direct community outreach - libraries, town halls, schools, public forums
7. Direct participation in networking events - policy, industry, and B2B specific
8. Offer the ability to utilize the networking connections and relationships to fortify their own book of acquired relationships and monetary allocations via NYSS Lead and community outreach program
9. Participate in the Solar Series outreach directly and partake in the series itself - alongside LIU clean energy incentives to bookmark initiatives via social media, press, direct community and association participation etc. etc.
10. Be present at the launch of the Solar Series to witness Greg Hale, Energy Advisor NYS - Governor Cuomo. Key speaker. at LIU.Post.
This program will be a successful, well-rounded, on-site experience for students who are dedicated to learning and expanding their skills in the concentration and academics sustainability focus.
The students must be committed to working and be directly dedicated on the alignment of applicable real world contributions -as it relates to their future and the current progressive outreach goals of NYSS towards clean energy NYS mandate of reaching 80% by 2030.
All of these elements will be a critical learning vehicle for any level of sustainability intern.
2545 Hempstead Turnpike, Suite #221
East Meadow, NY 11554
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Post-Sustainability-Committee