[Post-sustainability-committee] Farm tours in Riverhead. Find out where our campus food comes from!

Jennifer Brown Jennifer.Brown at liu.edu
Thu Oct 6 14:08:37 EDT 2016

Hi everyone,

Chef Justin from Aramark is setting up a farm tour on Saturday, Oct 15 for interested students and faculty. We will get to meet with Joel, from J.Kings (Aramark's local food distributor) in Riverhead. We will all meet at a farm in Riverhead and Joel will introduce us to farmers and tour the property. I am not sure how many farms we will get to see, but I believe they are all farms that supply LIU Post with produce. The plan is to meet in Riverhead around 9am. We should be done by 1pm. The details are being finalized now.

We don't have a van driver, but we may be able to carpool. I know of at least one student driving from campus. Please let me know if you are interested in going, and I can help work out transportation.

And thank you, Justin for planning this!

Best regards,

Jennifer Rogers-Brown