[Post-sustainability-committee] Sustainable Post December Update

Scott Carlin Scott.Carlin at liu.edu
Sat Dec 19 21:05:50 EST 2015

Happy Holidays to all.

We ran several successful events this semester that offer a range of possibilities for future campus improvements.

I am continuing to work on our campus Sustainability Assessment for STARS.  I would like to work with a group of volunteers in the Spring to strengthen our STARS commitments.  Let me know if you are interested.

We’ll also get to work on our April Sustainable Post celebration event, once the spring semester gets underway.

Bessie Weisman is working with the NYC-based Urban Green Council to bring in 1,000 members by the end of the year (we are at 987). Would you or anyone you know be interested? It's a year long membership thats 30% off right now; it's $100 for a core membership, $50 for an emerging professional aka anyone under 30, and $25 for a full time student. Here's more info for member benefits and pricing: http://urbangreencouncil.org/support-us/join-or-renew-membership

Thank you all for your contributions this semester and enjoy your holiday break,

Scott