POST-EDUCATION Spring schedule - Revision of class meeting times

Anastasia Karathanasis Anastasia.Karathanasis at liu.edu
Fri Oct 4 16:59:51 EDT 2019

Dear Students

I hope that you are off to a great start for the Fall 2019 semester.   Sometime next week, the Spring schedule will be available for your review and registration.  Please take advantage of the early registration period to ensure that you get the courses that you need.  YOU WILL NOT BE BILLED until the spring semester actually begins.

You will notice on the spring schedule that the times for courses have been modified. This change was brought about by a review of the times that all graduate classes meet and the State Education Regulations on Student Faculty contact time. In some cases, no change was necessary. For all classes, the total amount of time that has been added is approximately 10 hours per semester, with blended classes adding that time in an online modality. On the schedule, you will see a note indicating the online component . Although this change primarily impacts graduate students, if you are an undergraduate student who will be taking one or two graduate courses this semester, it is very important that you pay close attention to this paragraph as you plan your spring schedule.

I can assure you that we understand that as adults with wide ranging responsibilities, personally and professionally,  your time is valuable.  You are at LIU because we provide you with a high level educational experience.  This is in keeping with our mission that personal contact and relationships with faculty are key to your success. This change helps support that goal.

Good luck with the rest of the semester!  We look forward to working with you as you continue on your educational journey!

Dr. Albert Inserra
Dean, College of Education, Information and Technology
Interim Dean, School of Education, Brooklyn
720 Northern Boulevard
Brookville, NY 11548
Tel.: 516-299-2210
Fax: 516-299-4167