[Post-early-childhood-program] Full Time and Part Time Teaching Positions in Huntington

Efleda Tolentino Efleda.Tolentino at liu.edu
Tue Sep 15 15:11:05 EDT 2015

Home-based nursery program located in Huntington, NY is currently in the process of partnering with Long Island Early Head Start. We are looking for full-time and part-time Co-Teachers to work with young children from 18 months to pre-kindergarten age.
We are looking for mature, energetic, patient, creative individuals who like working with young children in a mixed-age group setting. The Co-Teacher’s daily responsibilities would include, but are not limited to:
1. Direct and engaged supervision of young children
2. Supporting and responding to the needs of young children
The Co-Teacher will also be on a rotating schedule for other responsibilities relevant to an early childhood setting, including, but not limited to:
1. Planning group and outdoor activities appropriate for young children
2. Updating and maintaining documentation and assessment information on young children
3. Updating and maintaining program paperwork
4. Maintaining an educational environment
5. Maintaining a safe and healthy environment, which would include diapering and light-cleaning responsibilities
Qualification requirements:
1. Minimum of one year experience with young children either in a professional or non-professional setting.
2. We would prefer candidates with 12 or more college credits in Early Childhood Education.
3. First-Aid and CPR certification preferred. If not, you must be willing to earn the certification.
4. Knowledge of Spanish is a plus.
Salary: $10 - $13 per hour, based on experience
Please send resumes to robinsnestgfdc at gmail.com/attention: Caroline. Please indicate if you are applying for a full-time or part-time position.
Thank you.