[Post-early-childhood-program] Fw: Learn Through Service

Efleda Tolentino Efleda.Tolentino at liu.edu
Mon Nov 30 10:27:19 EST 2015

________________________________
From: Callan Hajosy <university.ohs=gmail.com at mail155.suw14.mcdlv.net> on behalf of Callan Hajosy <university.ohs at gmail.com>
Sent: Monday, November 30, 2015 9:10 AM
To: Efleda Tolentino
Subject: Learn Through Service

I am reaching out to notify you of opportunities for Long Island University students to engage in volunteering and service-learning abroad with One Heart Source in Jamaica and South Africa next summer. Our upcoming application deadline is December 18.

One Heart Source (OHS) is an entrepreneurial non-profit organization that designs and catalyzes education programs that empower vulnerable people and communities with choice and opportunity. The organization's model of international mentorship connects university students to vulnerable youth and communities across cultural, social, and economic boundaries. With its partner communities in Jamaica, South Africa, and Tanzania, the OHS International Collective provides holistic care and academic excellence as a means of ending the vicious cycle of generational poverty. We believe students of Long Island University would benefit greatly from the experience of volunteering and teaching abroad.

I would greatly appreciate it if you would consider sending the following information (below the line) about volunteering in South Africa and Jamaica to students through your mailing list or social media. Please let me know if the message can be forwarded.

Respectfully,

Callan Hajosy
admissions at oneheartsource.org
ONEHEARTSOURCE
www.oneheartsource.org<http://oneheartsource.us11.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=07e55f614c3aa31ced914ba25&id=21b3775259&e=a0da35d44a>

Attention Students of Long Island University,

One Heart Source is currently accepting applications for our 2016 Volunteer Programs. We are offering a variety of 2 and 4 week programs in Jamaica and South Africa!

As an OHS Volunteer you will:

  *   Mentor students to realize measurable academic growth and cultivate life-long relationships.
  *   Immerse yourself in diversity through service, workshops, and excursions.
  *   Collaborate with small cohorts of university students from around the world.
  *   Develop empathy, confidence, and leadership skills through the pursuit of social justice.

Apply here for our Volunteer Programs: 2016 Application<http://oneheartsource.us11.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=07e55f614c3aa31ced914ba25&id=a8440b049a&e=a0da35d44a>
Next Application Deadline: December 18
www.oneheartsource.org<http://oneheartsource.us11.list-manage.com/track/click?u=07e55f614c3aa31ced914ba25&id=afb20db078&e=a0da35d44a>

One Heart Source is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization designed to build environments within marginalized populations that promote a comprehensive approach to eliminating the gap between those who have access to bettering their lives and those who do not.

Copyright © 2015 OHS, All rights reserved.
University students and faculty.

Our mailing address is:
OHS
1443 E. Washington Blvd.