[POST-CEIT-facultycouncil] Fwd: Commencement Planning Committee

Jeongeun Rhee Jeong-eun.Rhee at liu.edu
Sat Jan 7 13:41:28 EST 2017

Dear colleagues

please see the email  below from John Lutz, Faculty Council Chair regarding the commencement.

Jeong-eun Rhee, Ph.D
Professor
College of Education, Information, & Technology
LIU Post
320 Library
720 Northern Blvd
Brookville, NY 11548-1300
(O)516-299-2193
(F)516-299-3312

Editor of Educational Studies
http://www.tandfonline.com/toc/heds20/current#.VE_DT-d9nLw

]
From: John Lutz <John.Lutz at liu.edu<mailto:John.Lutz at liu.edu>>
Subject: Commencement Planning Committee

Colleagues,

After commencement exercises last year, a number of concerns were raised about the ceremony. The overall concern was the lack of faculty involvement or input into the planning process. I’ve addressed this issue with administration, and they’ve invited me to sit on the commencement planning committee.

If you have suggestions, can you please pass them along to me? If you’re a communications officer, can you pass this along to your constituents and ask them to send me any concerns, impressions or concrete proposals for improving commencement? Thanks.

Happy New Year!

Best wishes,

John

John Lutz, Ph.D.
Chair, Faculty Council
Chair and Associate Professor of English
Co-Chair, Outcomes Assessment Steering Committee
Director of Learning Communities
LIU Post
720 Northern Blvd
Brookville, NY 11548
Phone: (516)299-2391
Fax: (516)299-3325
“One cannot pursue one’s own highest good without at the same time necessarily promoting the good of others..view yourself as a citizen of a worldwide community and act accordingly.--Epictetus