[POST-CEIT-facultycouncil] Faculty Council

Michele Dornisch Michele.Dornisch at liu.edu
Wed Sep 2 20:32:35 EDT 2015

Dear folks,

First, I want to welcome Wei, Dana, and Margaret to our CEIT faculty!

Second, as elections committee chairperson, I am trying to get a head start on some of the things that need to be done for this academic year.

There is a vacancy on the faculty council - specifically in serving out a term for someone who is no longer available to serve the remainder of a term that ends in Spring 2016.  Basically, what this entails is (a) attending 4 FC meetings each semester, (b) [hopefully] also attending the full faculty meetings, (c) representing the perspectives of your constituency (which, in the case of the FC would be the entire CEIT) on the FC, and (d) reporting back to your constituency and talking to folks in the CEIT to get a handle on their perspectives on the issues for which FC is responsible.

Please let me know if you are willing to serve out this term - through Spring 2016.  If someone is able to serve, we don't need to have the election until the seat would have otherwise been up for election.

Currently, your representatives from the CEIT are:

- Jeongeun Rhee (C&I)
- Roberta Levitt (Special Education and Literacy)
- Michele Dornisch (C&I)
- David Jank (Palmer)

The CEIT has lost one seat on the Faculty Council because our faculty numbers have declined.

I hope that someone is willing to take on this responsibility, as it is always best to have the CEIT perspective adequately represented in important campus discussions.

Go n-éiri an bóthar leat,
Michele M. Dornisch, Ph.D.
Professor
Le mieux est l'ennemi du bien. [The perfect is the enemy of the good.]- Voltaire