[POST-CEIT-facultycouncil] FW: meeting summaries: clc, admissions meeting, union executive board

Michele Dornisch Michele.Dornisch at liu.edu
Sat Oct 17 20:49:41 EDT 2015

Dear colleagues,

Attached, please find summary notes of two meetings that John Lutz, Nancy Frye, Molly Tambor, Joe Losonczy, and I attended on Friday, October 16 (CLC and Admissions meeting).

Further, please find the summary notes Nancy Frye took while attending the union executive board meeting on Friday, October 16.

Unfortunately, Dr. Frye was not able to provide a summary of the Faculty Senate meeting since she could not attend because of these other three meetings yesterday.  She is trying to locate someone from the UFS who attended that meeting who could send a brief summary. The UFS secretary was unable to attend due to illness, so we are still trying to figure out who might have attended. Based on rumor, however, it appears that the symposium originally scheduled (or at least planned) for November 20 (related to academic program review) will be postponed.

Please refer any questions related to these minutes to me, and I will forward them to Dr. Frye.  Questions of substance which need to be brought to the attention of the VPAA will be put on future agendas of the CLC.

Thank you.

Go n-éiri an bóthar leat,
Michele M. Dornisch, Ph.D.
Professor
Le mieux est l'ennemi du bien. [The perfect is the enemy of the good.]- Voltaire