[POST-CEIT-facultycouncil] FW: Board of Trustees meeting summary

Michele Dornisch Michele.Dornisch at liu.edu
Sun Jun 21 15:57:31 EDT 2015

Colleagues,

Please find, attached, a summary of the recent Board of Trustees Meeting.  The Faculty Council Chair, Dr. Nancy Frye, attended this meeting and provided the summary.

Please note especially two things -- #1 that the Center for Community Inclusion has received a grant to increase its work with early childhood and #2 that Denny Sanford has given the university $800,000+ to "launch" the Sanford Harmony and Sanford Inspire programs.  Currently, it is not clear how this money is being used to launch these programs; however, it is important to understand that Sanford Inspire is a teacher education program likely to somehow affect all of our teacher prep programs in some way.

Please note, once again, that I send you this information to keep you as updated as possible.  Given that we have talked about a lack of communication, I find this one way to have a clearer understanding of what is going on at LIU.

Anyway, congratulations to both C&I and Counseling and Development for having their programs approved; congratulations also to the Center for Community Inclusion for receiving the grant!!

Michele