[Bkn-school-of-education-csp-mhc] A Few Reminders... Summer 2019 Workshops!
Zalika.Taylor at liu.edu
Wed May 29 16:00:02 EDT 2019
We want to remind you of important dates for the summer and fall 2019...
1. The last day to withdraw from full-semester Summer I course(s) is Thursday, June 13th, 2019. And the last day to withdraw from full-semester Summer II course(s) is Friday, August 2nd, 2019. Once the Add/Drop period is over, students can only withdraw from classes and financial costs are attached, http://liu.edu/Brooklyn/Enrollment-Services/Tuition/~/link.aspx?_id=1FC4219431D542BF8C5FD5F582AFB2F2&_z=z#withdrawal.
2. Registration is still underway for fall 2019 classes. If you require assistance with the process, do reach out to let me know. The first day of the fall semester is Wednesday, September 4th, 2019.
3. Registration for the summer 2019 mandated workshops can ONLY be completed in person with me in Sloan, 310 (Enrollment Services). My hours of availability are listed below. *All workshops are required for practicum, fieldwork, internship, student teaching and graduation*
Firstly, students can verify if one or all workshops have been completed by reviewing their TEACH account (http://www.highered.nysed.gov/tcert/teach/); if no information is reflected under your workshop section, then you will need to complete these requirements.
Secondly, if you completed any workshop(s) with LIU-Brooklyn and are missing a final grade, you must inform us so we may review our records and rectify the matter ASAP. If you registered and did not attend a workshop, you only need to sit-in to make up the missed session, you do not need to pay again.
1. Child Abuse (required for all Teachers, School Counselors, School Psychologists, Mental Health Counselors and Marriage & Family Therapists)
2595 ALCX 702 001 ALCX 702 001 Identfctn & Report Child Abuse 22-Jun 22-Jun 22-Jun To 22-Jun Lewin 0.20 PR421 25 0 Open
Sat 22-Jun To 22-Jun 09:30AM - 11:45AM PR421
2. School Violence (required for all Teachers, School Counselors and School Psychologists)
2596 ALCX 703 001 ALCX 703 001 Violence Prevent & Interventn 22-Jun 22-Jun 22-Jun To 22-Jun Lewin 0.20 PR421 25 0 Open
Sat 22-Jun To 22-Jun 12:30PM - 02:45PM PR421
3. DASA: Bullying, Cyberbullying, Harassment (Pick only ONE section; required for all Teachers, School Counselors and School Psychologists)
2597 ALCX 705 001 ALCX 705 001 Hrsmt/Bully/CyberBul/Discrimnt 20-Jul 20-Jul 20-Jul To 20-Jul Lewin 0.60 PR421 100 0 Open
Sat 20-Jul To 20-Jul 09:00AM - 04:00PM PR421
2598 ALCX 705 002 ALCX 705 002 Hrsmt/Bully/CyberBul/Discrimnt 10-Aug 10-Aug 10-Aug To 10-Aug Lewin 0.60 PR421 100 0 Open
Sat 10-Aug To 10-Aug 09:00AM - 04:00PM PR421
2599 ALCX 705 003 ALCX 705 003 Hrsmt/Bully/CyberBul/Discrimnt 24-Aug 24-Aug 24-Aug To 24-Aug Lewin 0.60 PR421 100 0 Open
Sat 24-Aug To 24-Aug 09:00AM - 04:00PM PR421
*RATE FOR SCHOOL OF EDUCATION STUDENTS PER WORKSHOP:
$45 for ALCX 702: Child Abuse
$45 for ALCX 703: School Violence
$85 for ALCX 705: DASA (Bullying/Cyberbullying)
*Payment goes to the Enrollment Services Office; payment can be done at the same time you register for the workshop(s) or you register first and then pay later. Acceptable forms of payments are credit, check or money order; no cash.
Enrollment Services Counselor
School of Education
1 University Plaza, Sloan 310
Brooklyn, New York 11201
Email: soe-advisor at liu.edu<mailto:soe-advisor at liu.edu>
Phone: (718) 488-1381
Fax: (718)- 488- 3343
Hours of Availability:
(Appointments can be made online- https://webapps.liu.edu/schedule/SelectDepartment.aspx)
"Parents can only give good advice or put their children on the right paths, but the final forming of a person's character lies in their own hands." - Anne Frank
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the BKN-SCHOOL-OF-EDUCATION-CSP-MHC