[Bkn-school-of-education-csp-mhc] Welcome Back, A Few Important Dates & Mandated Workshops for Spring 2019
Zalika.Taylor at liu.edu
Fri Jan 18 12:19:25 EST 2019
We want to welcome you back for spring 2019! Below are some important information to help you get started and on the right track for spring term.
1. The first day of classes is Tuesday January 22nd, 2019. All students who have a Monday class, it does not begin until Monday, January 28th. FYI: The university is open on Monday, January 21st, MLK Day, for students who still have outstanding bills or registration issues to clear up.
2. The first 2 weeks of the semester is called the ADD/DROP period. This means students can make changes to their schedule if need be without financial penalties. The period runs from Tuesday, September 22nd- February 4th, 2019. Students can view the full spring academic calendar at http://www.liu.edu/Brooklyn/Enrollment-Services/Registration/Academic-Calendar.
3. Awarding of December/Fall 2018 degrees BEGINS Friday, January 18th 2018. Diplomas are mailed roughly 6-8 weeks afterwards; you can also make arrangements with Enrollment Services, S310, to pick up your diploma in person.
4. February 18th, 2019 is President’s Day; no classes will be in session.
5. Last day to apply for May/Spring 2019 degree is Friday, February 22nd 2019; additional information will be sent out shortly.
6. Spring Break is March 11th- 18th, 2019. The university remains open but no classes will be in session unless an instructor decides to have a make-up session based on the DOE calendar.
7. Last day to withdraw from full-semester course(s) will Friday, April 5th, 2019 (Once the Add/Drop period is over, students can only withdraw from classes and financial costs are attached, http://liu.edu/Brooklyn/Enrollment-Services/Tuition/~/link.aspx?_id=1FC4219431D542BF8C5FD5F582AFB2F2&_z=z#withdrawal).
8. For students who plan to take summer classes based their specific program: Summer I runs May 20th, 2019 - July 1st, 2019 and Summer II runs July 8th, 2019 - August 16th, 2019. Information will be sent out later regarding when Summer/Fall registration will open up.
SPRING 2019 MANDATED NEW YORK STATE WORKSHOPS
Teachers, Counselors & School Psychologists
(All workshops are required for practicums/fieldwork, internships, student teaching and graduation)
*Registration can be completed now online through your MYLIU OR in person with me; I am located in Sloan, 310 (Enrollment Services). My hours of availability are listed below.
You can verify if one or all workshops were completed by reviewing your unofficial LIU transcript through your MYLIU account (the workshops would be listed in the semester completed or at bottom of transcript under non-course milestones). If you did complete a workshop with LIU and are missing a final grade, you must inform us so we may review our records and rectify the matter.
If you have completed any of the workshop(s) for your specific program outside of LIU; you must email or bring in the certificates of completion to update your LIU records. You will not need to retake the workshop(s) again.
1. ALCX 702: Child Abuse
13015 ALCX 702 001 ALCX 702 001 Identfctn & Report Child Abuse 30-Mar 30-Mar 30-Mar To 30-Mar Lewin 0.20 25 0 Open
Sat 30-Mar To 30-Mar 09:30AM - 11:45AM
2. ALCX 703: Violence Prevention & Intervention
13017 ALCX 703 001 ALCX 703 001 Violence Prevent & Interventn 30-Mar 30-Mar 30-Mar To 30-Mar Lewin 0.20 25 0 Open
Sat 30-Mar To 30-Mar 12:30PM - 02:45PM
3. ALCX 705: Harassment/Bullying/CyberBullying/Discrimination (Choose one of the sections offered)
13018 ALCX 705 001 ALCX 705 001 Hrsmt/Bully/CyberBul/Discrimnt 16-Feb 16-Feb 16-Feb To 16-Feb Lewin 0.60 100 0 Open
Sat 16-Feb To 16-Feb 09:00AM - 04:00PM
13016 ALCX 705 002 ALCX 705 002 Hrsmt/Bully/CyberBul/Discrimnt 06-Apr 06-Apr 06-Apr To 06-Apr Lewin 0.60 100 0 Open
Sat 06-Apr To 06-Apr 09:00AM - 04:00PM
13019 ALCX 705 003 ALCX 705 003 Hrsmt/Bully/CyberBul/Discrimnt 04-May 04-May 04-May To 04-May Lewin 0.60 100 0 Open
Sat 04-May To 04-May 09:00AM - 04:00PM
*RATE FOR SCHOOL OF EDUCATION STUDENTS PER WORKSHOP:
$45 for ALCX 702: Child Abuse
$45 for ALCX 703: School Violence Prevention
$85 for ALCX 705: DASA (Bullying/Cyberbullying)
*Payment goes to the Enrollment Services Office; payment can be done at the same time you register for the workshop(s) or you register first and then pay later. Acceptable forms of payments are credit, check or money order; no cash.
Enrollment Services Counselor
School of Education
1 University Plaza, Sloan 310
Brooklyn, New York 11201
Email: soe-advisor at liu.edu<mailto:soe-advisor at liu.edu>
Hours of Availability: (Appointments can be made online- https://webapps.liu.edu/schedule/SelectDepartment.aspx)
"Parents can only give good advice or put their children on the right paths, but the final forming of a person's character lies in their own hands.” - Anne Frank
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the BKN-SCHOOL-OF-EDUCATION-CSP-MHC