[Bkn-school-of-education-csp-mhc] REMINDER: Mandated Workshops for Spring 2019!
Zalika.Taylor at liu.edu
Tue Feb 26 12:02:16 EST 2019
Registration for the mandated workshops must be completed in person with the Education department, LLC 2nd floor or with me in Sloan, 310 (Enrollment Services). My hours of availability are Mondays-Thursdays 10:30am-5:30pm and Fridays 10am-4:00pm.
*All workshops are required for practicum, fieldwork, internship, student teaching and graduation!
Firstly, students can verify if one or all workshops have been completed by reviewing their NYS TEACH account (http://www.highered.nysed.gov/tcert/teach/); if no information is reflected under your workshop section, then you will need to complete this requirement.
Secondly, if you completed any workshop(s) with LIU-Brooklyn and are missing a final grade, you must inform us so we may review our records and rectify the matter ASAP.
1. ALCX 702: Child Abuse
(Required for All Teacher Educators, School Psychologists, School Counselors, Marriage & Family Therapists and Mental Health Counselors)
13015 ALCX 702 001 ALCX 702 001 Identfctn & Report Child Abuse 30-Mar 30-Mar 30-Mar To 30-Mar Lewin 0.20 25 0 Open
Sat 30-Mar To 30-Mar 09:30AM - 11:45AM
2. ALCX 703: Violence Prevention & Intervention
(Required for All Teacher Educators, School Psychologists & School Counselors)
13017 ALCX 703 001 ALCX 703 001 Violence Prevent & Interventn 30-Mar 30-Mar 30-Mar To 30-Mar Lewin 0.20 25 0 Open
Sat 30-Mar To 30-Mar 12:30PM - 02:45PM
3. ALCX 705: Harassment/Bullying/CyberBullying/Discrimination
(Choose one of the sections offered; required for All Teacher Educators, School Psychologists & School Counselors)
13016 ALCX 705 002 ALCX 705 002 Hrsmt/Bully/CyberBul/Discrimnt 06-Apr 06-Apr 06-Apr To 06-Apr Lewin 0.60 100 0 Open
Sat 06-Apr To 06-Apr 09:00AM - 04:00PM
13019 ALCX 705 003 ALCX 705 003 Hrsmt/Bully/CyberBul/Discrimnt 04-May 04-May 04-May To 04-May Lewin 0.60 100 0 Open
Sat 04-May To 04-May 09:00AM - 04:00PM
*RATE FOR SCHOOL OF EDUCATION STUDENTS PER WORKSHOP:
$45 for ALCX 702: Child Abuse
$45 for ALCX 703: School Violence Prevention
$85 for ALCX 705: DASA (Bullying/Cyberbullying)
*Payment goes to the Enrollment Services Office; payment can be done at the same time you register for the workshop(s) or you register first and then pay later. Acceptable forms of payments are credit, check or money order; no cash.
ADDITIONAL SPRING 2019 IMPORTANT DATES:
1. Spring Break is March 11th- 18th, 2019. The university remains open but no classes will be in session unless an instructor decides to have a make-up session based on the DOE calendar.
2. Last day to withdraw from full-semester course(s) will Friday, April 5th, 2019 (Since the Add/Drop period is over, students can only withdraw from classes and financial costs are attached, http://liu.edu/Brooklyn/Enrollment-Services/Tuition/~/link.aspx?_id=1FC4219431D542BF8C5FD5F582AFB2F2&_z=z#withdrawal).
3. Registration is currently underway for both summer and fall 2019. Please note, certain courses require permission numbers before you can add them online. All holds must be cleared before you are approved to register online.
4. Students planning to take summer classes based their specific program(s) must mark their calendars with the following dates: Summer I runs May 20th, 2019 - July 1st, 2019 and Summer II runs July 8th, 2019 - August 16th, 2019.
5. The Fall 2019 academic term begins Wednesday, September, 4th, 2019.
Enrollment Services Counselor
School of Education
1 University Plaza, Sloan 310
Brooklyn, New York 11201
Email: soe-advisor at liu.edu<mailto:soe-advisor at liu.edu>
Hours of Availability:
(Appointments can be made online- https://webapps.liu.edu/schedule/SelectDepartment.aspx)
"Parents can only give good advice or put their children on the right paths, but the final forming of a person's character lies in their own hands." - Anne Frank
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the BKN-SCHOOL-OF-EDUCATION-CSP-MHC