[Bkn-school-of-education-csp-mhc] UPDATE: Upcoming Mandated Workshops for certification and graduation
Zalika.Taylor at liu.edu
Wed Sep 26 11:12:31 EDT 2018
Hello Students, there was an error in the date for the Child Abuse and School Violence workshops; it is now corrected… see below. The other dates remains the same!
FALL 2018 MANDATED NEW YORK STATE WORKSHOPS
Teachers, Counselors, Principals & School Psychologists
(All workshops are required for practicums/fieldwork, internships, student teaching and graduation)
Registration can be done in person at LLC, 2nd Floor OR Sloan 310, Enrollment Services (ask for Zalika). You can refer to your program of study for the required workshop(s) for your major.
You can verify if one or all workshops were completed by reviewing your unofficial LIU transcript through your MYLIU account (they will be listed in the semester completed or at bottom of transcript under non-course milestones). If you did complete a workshop with LIU and are missing a final grade, you must inform us so we may review our records and rectify the matter.
**If you have completed any of the workshop(s) for your specific program outside of LIU; you must email or bring in the certificates of completion to update your LIU records. You will not need to complete the workshop(s) again.
1. ALCX 702: Child Abuse (Required for Mental Health Counselors,Marriage & Family Therapists,School Counselors,School Psychologists and Teachers)
13744 ALCX 702 001 ALCX 702 001 Identfctn & Report Child Abuse
Lewin 0.20 40 0 Open SAT
03-Nov To 03-Nov 09:30AM - 11:45AM
2. ALCX 703: Violence Prevention & Intervention (Required for School Counselors, School Psychologists and Teachers)
13745 ALCX 703 001 ALCX 703 001 Violence Prevent & Interventn
Lewin 0.20 40 0 Open
SAT 03-Nov To 03-Nov 12:30PM - 02:45PM
3. ALCX 705: Harassment/Bullying/CyberBullying/Discrimination (Choose one of the sections offered; Required for School Counselors, School Psychologists and Teachers)
13746 ALCX 705 001 ALCX 705 001 Hrsmt/Bully/CyberBul/Discrimnt
Lewin 0.60 40 0 Open
SAT 17-Nov To 17-Nov 09:00AM - 04:00PM
13747 ALCX 705 002 ALCX 705 002 Hrsmt/Bully/CyberBul/Discrimnt
Lewin 0.60 100 0 Open
SAT 01-Dec To 01-Dec 09:00AM - 04:00PM
*RATE FOR SCHOOL OF EDUCATION STUDENTS PER WORKSHOP:
$45 for ALCX 702: Child Abuse
$45 for ALCX 703: School Violence Prevention
$85 for ALCX 705: DASA (Bullying/Cyberbullying)
*Payment goes to the Enrollment Services Office; payment can be done at the same time you register for the workshop(s) or you register first and then pay later. Acceptable forms of payments are credit, check or money order; no cash.
1. ADD/DROP for classes without penalty has ended. Students can only WITHDRAW from a class or classes with penalty at this time. Last day to withdraw from fully from the semester is Friday, November 13th 2018 (Once the Add/Drop period is over, students can only withdraw from classes and financial costs are attached, http://liu.edu/Brooklyn/Enrollment-Services/Tuition/~/link.aspx?_id=1FC4219431D542BF8C5FD5F582AFB2F2&_z=z#withdrawal).
2. The Academic Calendar can be found online: http://www.liu.edu/Brooklyn/Enrollment-Services/Registration/Academic-Calendar.
3. Spring 2019 registration is set to begin Monday, October 8th 2018. The online course directory will be available soon for viewing. ALL students will have a specific enrollment day and additional information will be sent out as the confirmed date gets closer.
School of Education
Enrollment Services Counselor
1 University Plaza, S310
Brooklyn, New York 11201
Email: soe-advisor at liu.edu<mailto:soe-advisor at liu.edu>
Office Hours, Sloan building 310:
Mondays, Wednesdays & Thursdays 10:00am-6:00pm
"Parents can only give good advice or put their children on the right paths, but the final forming of a person's character lies in their own hands.” - Anne Frank
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the BKN-SCHOOL-OF-EDUCATION-CSP-MHC