[Bkn-school-of-education-csp-mhc] REMINDER: A Few Important Dates & Mandated Workshops for Fall 2018
Zalika.Taylor at liu.edu
Thu Sep 20 10:42:10 EDT 2018
Hello Students, as we continue with week three of the fall semester; we wanted to remind you of a few important dates and UPCOMING mandated workshops sessions!
1. ADD/DROP for classes without penalty has ended. Students can only WITHDRAW from a class or classes with penalty at this time. Last day to withdraw from full-semester course(s) will Friday, November 13th 2018 (Once the Add/Drop period is over, students can only withdraw from classes and financial costs are attached, http://liu.edu/Brooklyn/Enrollment-Services/Tuition/~/link.aspx?_id=1FC4219431D542BF8C5FD5F582AFB2F2&_z=z#withdrawal).
2. The Academic Calendar can be found online: http://www.liu.edu/Brooklyn/Enrollment-Services/Registration/Academic-Calendar).
3. Spring 2019 registration is set to begin Monday, October 8th 2018. The online course directory will be available soon for viewing. ALL students will have a specific enrollment day and additional information will be sent out as the confirmed date gets closer.
FALL 2018 MANDATED NEW YORK STATE WORKSHOPS
Teachers, Counselors, Principals & School Psychologists
(All workshops are required for practicums/fieldwork, internships, student teaching and graduation)
Registration can be done in person at LLC, 2nd Floor OR Sloan 310, Enrollment Services (ask for Zalika). You can refer to your program of study for the required workshop(s) for your major.
You can verify if one or all workshops were completed by reviewing your unofficial LIU transcript through your MYLIU account (they will be listed in the semester completed or at bottom of transcript under non-course milestones). If you did complete a workshop with LIU and are missing a final grade, you must inform us so we may review our records and rectify the matter.
*If you have completed any of the workshop(s) for your specific program outside of LIU; you must email or bring in the certificates of completion to update your LIU records. You will not need to complete the workshop(s) again.
1. ALCX 702: Child Abuse
13744 ALCX 702 001 ALCX 702 001 Identfctn & Report Child Abuse 01-Nov 01-Nov 01-Nov To 01-Nov Lewin 0.20 40 0 Open
Thu 01-Nov To 01-Nov 09:30AM - 11:45AM
2. ALCX 703: Violence Prevention & Intervention
13745 ALCX 703 001 ALCX 703 001 Violence Prevent & Interventn 01-Nov 01-Nov 01-Nov To 01-Nov Lewin 0.20 40 0 Open
Thu 01-Nov To 01-Nov 12:30PM - 02:45PM
3. ALCX 705: Harassment/Bullying/CyberBullying/Discrimination (Choose one of the sections offered)
13746 ALCX 705 001 ALCX 705 001 Hrsmt/Bully/CyberBul/Discrimnt 17-Nov 17-Nov 17-Nov To 17-Nov Lewin 0.60 40 0 Open
Sat 17-Nov To 17-Nov 09:00AM - 04:00PM
13747 ALCX 705 002 ALCX 705 002 Hrsmt/Bully/CyberBul/Discrimnt 01-Dec 01-Dec 01-Dec To 01-Dec Lewin 0.60 100 0 Open
Sat 01-Dec To 01-Dec 09:00AM - 04:00PM
*RATE FOR SCHOOL OF EDUCATION STUDENTS PER WORKSHOP:
$45 for ALCX 702: Child Abuse
$45 for ALCX 703: School Violence Prevention
$85 for ALCX 705: DASA (Bullying/Cyberbullying)
*Payment goes to the Enrollment Services Office; payment can be done at the same time you register for the workshop(s) or you register first and then pay later. Acceptable forms of payments are credit, check or money order; no cash.
Enrollment Services Counselor
School of Education
1 University Plaza
Brooklyn, New York 11201
Email: soe-advisor at liu.edu<mailto:soe-advisor at liu.edu>
Office Hours, Sloan building 310:
Mondays, Wednesdays & Thursdays 10:00am-6:00pm
"Parents can only give good advice or put their children on the right paths, but the final forming of a person's character lies in their own hands." - Anne Frank
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the BKN-SCHOOL-OF-EDUCATION-CSP-MHC