[Bkn-school-of-education-csp-mhc] Practicum and Internship Orientation Follow Up

Christina Scheinberg Christina.Scheinberg at liu.edu
Thu Oct 4 10:15:41 EDT 2018

Mental Health Counseling Students!

Thank you to everyone for coming out last night to the practicum and internship orientation.

Attached is the PowerPoint and supporting documentation that was provided. Please review all of these again!
Remember, you can take practicum over summer session II if you’d like and will need to use the SUMMER PRACTICUM agreement form.
OR you take practicum over the fall or spring, use the other Practicum Agreement form attached.

There was a lot of information presented last night and I want to ensure everyone understands what is needed for successful completion of their fieldwork experiences.

Highlights to keep in mind:

1. There is a course related to each fieldwork experience (practicum, internship I, and internship II).

2. I will need an agreement form completed by you and your on-site supervisor before you can register for the class.
    This means you must secure a site before you can register.

3. Review your program plans to ensure you understand when you are able to begin practicum and that you have taken all the prerequisites.
    If you have any questions around this, check with Zalika Taylor <Zalika.Taylor at liu.edu>.

4. Check in with me to let me know how your search is going and ask me as many questions as needed!

Looking forward to working with you all!

Library Learning Center (LLC), 2nd Floor
Room 231