[Bkn-school-of-education-csp-mhc] IMPORTANT: Applied Behavior Analysis Advanced Certificate Program Status

Zalika Taylor Zalika.Taylor at liu.edu
Mon Mar 12 18:26:56 EDT 2018

Dear Students,

We are currently in the process of seeking a new full-time faculty member for our Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) program, specifically someone who meets the requirements of Behavior Analyst Certification Board (BACB) to serve in the capacity of coordinator of the program's Verified Course Sequence (VCS). As this position is currently vacant, the BACB has temporarily deactivated the program's VCS status. Students who are currently enrolled in courses may still use these courses to qualify for BCBA examination eligibility. Students will need to undergo a coursework evaluation <https://www.bacb.com/coursework-evaluation-application/>  prior to applying, in which BACB staff will compare the student's syllabi for each course to those on file from LIU Brooklyn's former VCS. Provided that the syllabi are substantially similar, the courses will be allocated the same content hours.

We hope to have a new full-time ABA faculty member on board for fall 2018, and have LIU Brooklyn's VCS status reinstated at that time. We will keep you posted as soon as we have an update on this.  In the meantime, please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions.

Amy Patraka Ginsberg, Ph.D.
Dean, School of Education
Long Island University
1 University Plaza, LLC 239-C