[Bkn-school-of-education-csp-mhc] FINAL REMINDER: SUMMER/SEPTEMBER 2018 Graduation Information

Zalika Taylor Zalika.Taylor at liu.edu
Mon Jun 25 12:12:01 EDT 2018

Hello Students,

Attached are instructions on how to review your degree audit and apply for September 2018 graduation through your MYLIU account by Friday, July 6th. 2018. All students must submit an application for graduation for all programs including Advanced Certificates majors.

1. Graduate Students should log onto MY.LIU https://my.liu.edu/ ("Self Service - Degree Progress/Graduation") and apply for their degree/certificate. Some programs may have had changes or revisions; if you have questions regarding your degree audit, your must follow up with your faculty coordinator or department advisor.

2. Remember your diploma cannot be conferred if you are missing any of the following requirements:

  1.  All courses must have a final grade in your program (if you have courses with 'INC' and will not complete these courses; you must send an email from your MYLIU to me ASAP stating this so we do not count them as deficient in your degree audit)
  2.  Minimum GPA- 3.0 cumulative
  3.  One mandated workshop- Child Abuse

Diploma Information: Please check your personal information in MY.LIU Self Service to insure that your name and address are accurate for purposes of your diploma.  Your Primary Name and Preferred (or Permanent) address will be used for issuance and mailing of your diploma.  If you would like to modify this information, please do so as follows:

  *   add a "Degree Name" if you would like to add or remove a middle initial or spell out a middle name (last names cannot be changed  using this method - you must submit documentation to Enrollment Services to modify your last name)
  *   add a "Degree Address" If you would like your diploma mailed to an address other than the one already on file for you
  *   add a "Degree Address" of ENROLLMENT SERVICES PICK-UP and we will hold your diploma for you to pick up

All students self-certify with NYS once they have completed their program and gain work experience. There is  a "form 2" that usually has to be completed for NYS; alls students must contact Ms. Abigail Torres in Enrollment Services for assistance with matter when ready.

Zalika

Zalika Taylor
Academic Advisor/Enrollment Services Counselor
Library Learning Center, Room 232
Brooklyn, New York 11201
Email: soe-advisor at liu.edu<mailto:soe-advisor at liu.edu>
Phone:(718) 488-1381
*Hours of Availability (No appointment necessary; walk-ins only):
Mondays- Thursdays, 11am-6:00pm
Fridays, 10:00am-5pm

"Parents can only give good advice or put their children on the right paths, but the final forming of a person's character lies in their own hands." - Anne Frank