[Bkn-school-of-education-csp-mhc] Welcome to the start of a new semester!

Shinelle Romeo-Walcott Shinelle.Romeo at liu.edu
Fri Jan 19 16:57:44 EST 2018

Welcome to the start of a new semester! We hope you had a restful break and are delighted that you have decided to join or return to our School of Education community.

We are sure you are excited to begin classes and are in the process of preparation, so we would like to provide you with answers to some of the most commonly asked questions.

The School of Education is located at 1 University Plaza, Library Learning Center, 2nd Floor. Our FUN afterschool program, LCEF [Learning Center for Educators and Families], and TRC [Teacher Resource Center] are also located on the 2nd floor.

Frequent SOE Contacts
Enrollment Services Counselor (Academic Advisor): Zalika Taylor / Zalika.Taylor at liu.edu<mailto:Zalika.Taylor at liu.edu> / 718-488-1381
Certification Officer: Marizaldy Mercedes / Marizaldy.Mercedes at liu.edu<mailto:Marizaldy.Mercedes at liu.edu> / 718-488-1382
Counseling & School Psychology (CSP) Department Secretary: Kathleen Prince / Kathleen.Prince at liu.edu<mailto:Kathleen.Prince at liu.edu> / 718-488-1069
Teaching, Learning & Leadership (TLL) Department Secretary: Gloria Khan / Gloria.Khan at liu.edu<mailto:Gloria.Khan at liu.edu> / 718-488-1103

1.   FIRST DAY OF CLASS: Spring 2018 classes start on Monday, January 22nd. If you are registered for a Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday class, the first meeting dates for those classes are January 23rd, 24th and 25th, respectively.

2.   ROOM ASSIGNMENTS: Room assignments are listed on the LIU website. Please click on the following link for the most updated information - https://webapps.liu.edu/courseschedules/schedules.aspx?campus=B  Select either Teaching, Learning & Leadership (TLL) or Counseling and School Psychology (CSP) based on your home department. Teacher Education and Ed Leadership majors (TLL); Counseling and School Psychology majors (CSP). Please note that room assignments are subject to change, so we recommend that you check on the day of your first class for the most updated information.

3.   LIU EMAIL ADDRESS: Upon admission to the University, each student is assigned an LIU email address, usually in the format of "firstname[dot]lastname at my.liu.edu<mailto:firstname.lastname at my.liu.edu>". For example, Jane.Smith at my.liu.edu<mailto:Jane.Smith at my.liu.edu>. If you have a more common name you may have a number after your name; i.e. “firstname[dot]lastname2". If you have not already done so, click on the following link to activate your account:  http://it.liu.edu/Email/student  Departmental email will be sent to your LIU address. Please check it regularly for notifications and updates.

4.   BILLING/FINANCIAL AID/LOANS: For information regarding your bill or financial aid options, contact Enrollment Services at (718) 488-1013 or http://liu.edu/Brooklyn/Financial-Services. They are located in the Student Union Building, 3rd Floor (S310).

6.   ACADEMIC CALENDAR: For a copy of the University Academic Calendar, please click on the following link: http://liu.edu/Brooklyn/About/Offices/Registrar/Calendar .

7.   UNIVERSITY HEALTH & MEDICAL SERVICES: For information regarding vaccinations or any other medical questions, please contact University Health & Medical Services at (718) 246-6350.

8.   TEXTBOOKS: For information regarding any textbooks that may have been ordered for your class(es), please click on the following link http://liunet- http://liunet-brooklyn.bncollege.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/BNCBHomePage?storeId=32055&catalogId=10001&langId=-1 and follow the steps listed below:

Click on the 'Textbooks' tab
Select 'Find Textbooks’
Click on the drop-down box and change term to 'SPRING’18 – BKLN'
Select Department – TAL, TLL or CSP
Enter Course Code (course number, Ex. 201, 639, etc.) and Section
It is strongly recommended that you wait until receiving the course syllabus before purchasing textbooks.

9.    ADD/DROP COURSES: If you wish to add or drop a course, please contact the School of Education Enrollment Services Counselor (Academic Advisor), Zalika Taylor (Zalika.Taylor at liu.edu<mailto:Zalika.Taylor at liu.edu> / 718-488-1381).

If you have any other questions not answered in this email, please feel free to contact me at Shinelle.Romeo at liu.edu<mailto:Shinelle.Romeo at liu.edu>.

Thank you.

Shinelle Romeo-Walcott, MHRM
Office Manager, School of Education
LIU Brooklyn
1 University Plaza
Library Learning Center, 2nd Floor, Room #201
Brooklyn, New York 11201
Email – Shinelle.Romeo at LIU.edu<mailto:Shinelle.Romeo at LIU.edu>
Phone – 718.488.1055
Fax – 718.488.3472