[Bkn-school-of-education-csp-mhc] A Few Important Dates & Mandated Workshops for Fall 2017
Zalika.Taylor at liu.edu
Thu Sep 14 11:26:57 EDT 2017
Hello Students, as we continue with week two of the fall semester; we wanted to remind you of a few important dates and mandated workshops sessions!
1. LAST DAY TO ADD/DROP classes without penalty, Wednesday - Tuesday, September 6th - 19th 2017.
2. Awarding of September degrees BEGINS Friday, September 15th 2017. Students are usually mailed their diplomas roughly 6-12 weeks afterwards. You can also make arrangements with Enrollment Services to pick up your diploma.
3. Spring 2018 registration TENTATIVELY Begins Monday, October 9th 2017 (ALL students will have a specific enrollment day and time; additional information nail be sent out as the confirmed date gets closer).
*4. Last day to apply for January 2018 degree is Friday, October 20th 2017 (additional information will be sent out shortly; this graduation term is for students finishing their program requirements in December 2017).
5. Last day to withdraw from full-semester course(s) will Friday, November 10th 2017 (Once the Add/Drop period is over, students can only withdraw from classes and financial costs are attached).
The following information is for all mandated NYS workshops and the upcoming workshop dates we are offering for fall 2017.
All workshops are required for practicums/fieldwork, internships, student teaching and graduation.
*Registration can be completed online or in-person for all workshops.
You can verify if one or all workshops were completed by reviewing your unofficial LIU transcript through your MYLIU account (they will be listed in the semester completed or at bottom of transcript under non-course milestones). If you did complete a workshop with LIU and are missing a final grade, you must inform us so we may review our records and rectify the matter.
**If you have completed any of the workshop(s) for your specific program outside of LIU; you must email or bring in the certificates of completion to update your LIU records. You will not need to complete the workshop(s) again.
1. ALCX 702: Child Abuse
ALCX 702 001
Identfctn & Report Child Abuse
04-Nov To 04-Nov
Sat 04-Nov To 04-Nov 09:30AM - 11:45AM
2. ALCX 703: Violence Prevention & Intervention
ALCX 703 001
Violence Prevent & Interventn
11-Nov To 11-Nov
Sat 11-Nov To 11-Nov 12:30PM - 02:45PM
3. ALCX 705: Harassment/Bullying/CyberBullying/Discrimination
ALCX 705 001
18-Nov To 18-Nov
Sat 18-Nov To 18-Nov 09:00AM - 04:00PM
ALCX 705 002
02-Dec To 02-Dec
Sat 02-Dec To 02-Dec 09:00AM - 04:00PM
*RATE FOR SCHOOL OF EDUCATION STUDENTS PER WORKSHOP:
$45 for ALCX 702: Child Abuse
$45 for ALCX 703: School Violence Prevention
$85 for ALCX 705: DASA (Bullying/Cyberbullying)
*Payment goes to the Enrollment Services Office; payment can be done at the same time you register for the workshop(s) or you register first and then pay later. Acceptable forms of payments are credit, check or money order; no cash.
1. All School Counseling, Bilingual School Counseling and School Psychology majors must complete THREE workshops (Child Abuse, School Violence Prevention and DASA-Bullying/Cyber-bullying).
2. All Mental Health Counseling and Marriage & Family Therapy majors ONLY need to complete the Child Abuse workshop.
"The best teachers are those that show you where to look, but don't tell you what to see." - Alexandra Trenfor
Academic Advisor/Enrollment Services Counselor
Long Island University- Brooklyn
School of Education
1 University Plaza
Library Learning Center (LLC), Room 232
Brooklyn, New York 11201
Email: soe-advisor at liu.edu<mailto:soe-advisor at liu.edu>
Fax: (718) 246- 6351
Fall Hours of Availability:
Mondays, Wednesdays & Thursdays, 11am-6pm
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the BKN-SCHOOL-OF-EDUCATION-CSP-MHC