[Bkn-school-of-education-csp-mhc] REMINDER: Spring 2017 New York State Mandated Workshop Dates
Zalika.Taylor at liu.edu
Thu Mar 2 11:40:22 EST 2017
Dear Students, this email serves as a reminder for students who have not yet completed all required workshops for practicum, student teaching, internship and graduation or currently has 'UW' reflected on transcript.
You can verify if one or all workshops was completed by reviewing your LIU unofficial transcript (they will be listed in the semester completed or at bottom of transcript under non-course milestones) through your MYLIU account.
*Registration can be completed in person at 9 Hanover Place, 4th floor OR online through your MYLIU account.*
**If you have completed any of the workshops for your program outside of LIU; you must bring in copies of certificates of completion to update your LIU records. You will not need to complete the workshop(s) again.
1. ALCX 702: Child Abuse
7158 ALCX 702 001 Identfctn & Report Child Abuse 01-Apr To 01-Apr Lewin 0.20 40 7 Open
Sat 01-Apr To 01-Apr 09:30AM - 11:45AM
2. ALCX 703: Violence Prevention & Intervention
7159 ALCX 703 001 Violence Prevent & Interventn 18-Mar To 18-Mar Lewin 0.20 40 7 Open
Sat 18-Mar To 18-Mar 12:30PM - 02:45PM
3. ALCX 704: Fire Safety
7160 ALCX 704 001 Fire Safety 25-Mar To 25-Mar Ng 0.20 40 6 Open
Sat 25-Mar To 25-Mar 10:00AM - 12:15PM DEPTASSGND
4. ALCX 705: Harassment/Bullying/CyberBullying/Discrimination
7182 ALCX 705 002 Hrsmt/Bully/CyberBul/Discrimnt 08-Apr To 08-Apr Lewin 0.60 100 4 Open
Sat 08-Apr To 08-Apr 09:00AM - 04:00PM
7183 ALCX 705 003 Hrsmt/Bully/CyberBul/Discrimnt 20-May To 20-May Lewin 0.60 100 2 Open
Sat 20-May To 20-May 09:00AM - 04:00PM
*RATE FOR SCHOOL OF EDUCATION STUDENTS PER WORKSHOP:
$45 for ALCX 702: Child Abuse
$45 for ALCX 703: School Violence Prevention
$45 for ALCX 704: Fire Safety
$85 for ALCX 705: DASA (Bullying/Cyberbullying)
*Payment goes to the Enrollment Services Office; payment can be done at the same time you register for the workshop(s) or you register first and then pay later.
Acceptable forms of payments are credit, check or money order; no cash.
1. All Teacher Education majors must complete ALL FOUR workshops (Child Abuse, School Violence Prevention, Fire Safety and DASA-Bullying/Cyber-bullying).
2. All Educational Leadership majors ONLY need to complete the DASA-Bullying/Cyber-bullying workshop.
3. All School Counseling, Bilingual School Counseling and School Psychology majors must complete ONLY THREE workshops (Child Abuse, School Violence Prevention and DASA-Bullying/Cyber-bullying).
4. All Mental Health Counseling and Marriage & Family Therapy majors ONLY need to complete the Child Abuse workshop.
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
Academic Advisor/Enrollment Services Counselor
School of Education
9 Hanover Place, Room 407
Brooklyn, New York 11201
Email: soe-advisor at liu.edu<mailto:soe-advisor at liu.edu>
Fax: (718) 246- 6351
Spring 2017 Hours of Availability:
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the BKN-SCHOOL-OF-EDUCATION-CSP-MHC