[Bkn-school-of-education-csp-mhc] In My Mind: A LGBTQ Peoples Of Color Mental Health Conference

Zalika Taylor Zalika.Taylor at liu.edu
Thu Jun 8 12:12:54 EDT 2017

Dear Students,

In My Mind: A LGBTQ Peoples Of Color Mental Health Conference
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/2017-in-my-mind-a-lgbtq-peoples-of-color-mental-health-conference-registration-34992818462

Description
This year's conference focuses on mental health care: navigating concerns, acknowledging developments and looking to the future for LGBTQ peoples of color, through the collective strengths and wisdom of clinicians, consumers, academics, and advocates to confront the issues affecting these communities.

The collective efforts of the organizations hosting this two-day conference will focus on how LGBTQ peoples of color navigate mental health care by examining concerns with the new administration, developments and progress to date, and what the future holds. Both days will begin with presentations intending to establish common starting points, which will be followed by concurrent small group workshops, panel discussions, and stand-alone presentations; some geared for clinicians and others for community members. At the end of the second day, we will continue our traditional "Community Speak Out" - an opportunity for conference participants to have their "say", express their thoughts on ways of addressing the mental health of LGBTQ people of color and the necessary next steps for improving this conference.

Date and Time

Thu, Oct 5, 2017, 8:30 AM - Fri, Oct 6, 2017, 5:30 PM EDT

Location

The Stewart Hotel

371 Seventh Ave

New York, NY 10001

View Map<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/2017-in-my-mind-a-lgbtq-peoples-of-color-mental-health-conference-registration-34992818462#map-target>

Refund Policy

Refunds up to 7 days before event
This listserv is provided for informational purposes only. LIU is not responsible for the content of the linked site(s). Links to resources or to job postings on this listserv do not serve and should not be interpreted as an endorsement or recommendation from The School of Education of LIU Brooklyn or any particular organization or entity. LIU assumes no liability for the materials supplied by third parties. We welcome your feedback regarding the information you have obtained from the listserv.