[Bkn-school-of-education-csp-mhc] Spring 2017 New York State Mandated Workshop Dates
Zalika.Taylor at liu.edu
Mon Jan 16 12:27:14 EST 2017
Dear Students, this email is for students who have not yet completed all required workshops for practicum, student teaching, internship and graduation.
The dates for spring 2017 are now open for in person registration. You can verify if one or all workshops is completed by reviewing your LIU transcript (they are usually reflected in the semester completed or at bottom of transcript under non-course milestones).
**Registration MUST be completed in person; you can pick up a registration card for any of the dates listed below at 9 Hanover Place, 4th floor**
1. ALCX 702: Child Abuse
ALCX 702 001
Identfctn & Report Child Abuse
01-Apr To 01-Apr
Sat 01-Apr To 01-Apr 09:30AM - 11:45AM
2. ALCX 703: Violence Prevention & Intervention
ALCX 703 001
Violence Prevent & Interventn
18-Mar To 18-Mar
Sat 18-Mar To 18-Mar 12:30PM - 02:45PM
3. ALCX 704: Fire Safety
ALCX 704 001
25-Mar To 25-Mar
Sat 25-Mar To 25-Mar 10:00AM - 12:15PM
4. ALCX 705: Harassment/Bullying/CyberBullying/Discrimination
ALCX 705 001
18-Feb To 18-Feb
Sat 18-Feb To 18-Feb 09:00AM - 04:00PM
ALCX 705 002
18-Apr To 18-Apr
Tue 18-Apr To 18-Apr 09:00AM - 04:00PM
ALCX 705 003
20-May To 20-May
Sat 20-May To 20-May 09:00AM - 04:00PM
*RATE FOR SCHOOL OF EDUCATION STUDENTS PER WORKSHOP:
$45 for ALCX 702: Child Abuse
$45 for ALCX 703: School Violence Prevention
$45 for ALCX 704: Fire Safety
$85 for ALCX 705: DASA (Bullying/Cyberbullying)
*Payment goes to the Enrollment Services Office; payment can be done at the same time you register for the workshop(s) or you register first and then pay later.
Acceptable forms of payments are credit, check or money order; no cash.
**If you have completed any of the workshops for your program outside of LIU; you must bring in copies of certificates of completion to update your LIU records. You will not need to complete the workshop(s) again.
1. All Teacher Education majors must complete ALL FOUR workshops (Child Abuse, School Violence Prevention, Fire Safety and DASA-Bullying/Cyber-bullying).
2. All Educational Leadership majors ONLY need to complete the DASA-Bullying/Cyber-bullying workshop.
3. All School Counseling, Bilingual School Counseling and School Psychology majors must complete ONLY THREE workshops (Child Abuse, School Violence Prevention and DASA-Bullying/Cyber-bullying).
4. All Mental Health Counseling and Marriage & Family Therapy majors ONLY need to complete the Child Abuse workshop.
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
Academic Advisor/Enrollment Services Counselor
School of Education
9 Hanover Place, Room 407
Brooklyn, New York 11201
Email: soe-advisor at liu.edu<mailto:soe-advisor at liu.edu>
Fax: (718) 246- 6351
Spring 2017 Hours of Availability:
(MLK Day- campus is open)
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the BKN-SCHOOL-OF-EDUCATION-CSP-MHC