[Bkn-school-of-education-csp-mhc] Position Announcement: Senior Administrative Assistant, Counseling & Wellness Center
Shinelle.Romeo at liu.edu
Tue Feb 28 13:15:06 EST 2017
This position is ideal for a counseling student taking evening courses. St. Joseph’s College is in Clinton Hill and fairly close to LIU.
Please review below and if interested, send resume and cover letter to Anissa L. Moody, Ph.D., Director, at 245 Clinton Avenue, Room 215, Brooklyn, NY 11205.
POSITION TITLE Senior Administrative Assistant, Counseling and Wellness Center
REPORTS TO: Director, Counseling Center
This position performs a variety of administrative and clerical duties to support the functions of the Counseling and Wellness Center. They serve as information and communication coordinator for the offices of Counseling and Health Services; plan and schedule meetings, appointments, workshops and events; organize and maintain paper and electronic files; and disseminate information by telephone, mail services, Web sites, and e-mail. This position supports a staff of counselors, nurses, and student workers.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
1. Provide receptionist support: direct office and telephone traffic; schedule (and triage)
student appointments in a confidential and caring manner; serve as an information resource to faculty, staff, students, parents, and the public.
1. Provide clerical support: attend to correspondence (phone, mail, e-mail, fax, etc.);
maintain calendars and appointment schedules; set up and maintain student files; send student reminder notes for appointments; compile and type reports; order, purchase, and maintain office supplies; coordinate changes, information, and materials for new student workers, coordinate special projects.
1. Enter and maintain data in student database; track student appointments (no shows, cancellations, etc.); distribute and tabulate student satisfaction surveys.
1. Monitor and record Wellness Center expenses; provide a monthly budget/expense spreadsheet.
1. Maintain and update Wellness Center’s website, resource/referral materials, and bulletin boards. Produce basic handouts, brochures, posters, etc.
1. Collect and process new students’ immunization records. Prepare records for storage and review. Make sure students are compliant with New York State Department of Health Law.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Minor – Manage student workers
CONTACTS: Daily contact with students, Office of Student Life, related student support offices, faculty and staff members. Contact with external mental health
professionals and other health professionals.
EDUCATION: Essential: High School diploma
Bachelor of Arts in related field
Desirable: Bachelor of Arts in Psychology or Human Services
EXPERIENCE: Essential: Two years, with a successful record of providing office management/secretarial support.
Desirable: Prior experience in similar setting. Experience with or knowledge of counseling centers, a plus
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
1. Confidentiality, discretion, and good judgment are essential.
2. Excellent customer service skills, must be tactful in dealing with students, faculty, staff, public, and coworkers.
3. Excellent interpersonal, organizational, scheduling, and record-keeping skills.
4. Excellent writing, grammar and communication skills.
5. Ability to prioritize responsibilities, manage tasks with frequent interruptions, and manage time effectively.
6. Attention to detail and accuracy.
7. Computer expertise including: spreadsheets, databases, word processing, and counseling center website maintenance.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: None
WORKING ENVIRONMENT: Office environment
WORK SCHEDULE: Term: Full Academic year
Shift: 9:00am – 5:00pm, Monday-Friday
Notice: This email and attached files (if any) are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed and may contain information that is confidential, privileged, protected by law or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the named addressee or intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of any part of this communication is strictly prohibited. Please notify the sender immediately by email if you have received this email in error and delete all copies of this email from your system.
This listserv is provided for informational purposes only. LIU is not responsible for the content of the linked site(s). Links to resources or to job postings on this listserv do not serve and should not be interpreted as an endorsement or recommendation from The School of Education of LIU Brooklyn or any particular organization or entity. LIU assumes no liability for the materials supplied by third parties. We welcome your feedback regarding the information you have obtained from the listserv.
Shinelle Romeo-Walcott, MHRM
Office Manager, School of Education
9 Hanover Place, 4th Floor, Room #401
Brooklyn, New York 11201
Email – Shinelle.Romeo at LIU.edu<mailto:Shinelle.Romeo at LIU.edu>
Phone – 718.488.1055
Fax – 718.488.3472
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the BKN-SCHOOL-OF-EDUCATION-CSP-MHC