[Bkn-school-of-education-csp-mhc] Congratulations Class of 2016!!!

Zalika Taylor Zalika.Taylor at liu.edu
Thu May 12 11:46:46 EDT 2016

Dear Graduating Class of 2016,

A number of you have had the privilege of crossing the stage this morning at Barclays and some were also able to attend the Dean's Reception yesterday evening.  No matter the ways you were able to mark the end of your educational journey at LIU- Brooklyn, you must know how glad we are for you and that we are proud of you. Congratulations!

I, along with the Counseling and School Psychology faculty, count the time teaching you and working with you as one of our most worthy efforts within the School of Education. The privilege to be a part of your path thus far gives great meaning to our lives and our work.  Graduation is often called commencement and many wonder why, as graduation marks an end and "to commence" means to begin.  It is because completing your studies marks the beginning of your careers. As you venture toward making your mark in the fields of counseling and psychology with children, adults and families in schools, community-based contexts, and other areas in which your expertise will make meaningful and important impact, we hope you know what your time at LIU has meant to us and that, should you need further guidance or support toward your next chapter, we continue to be a resource.

I wish you all a wonderful graduation and safe, joyful celebrations.

Dr. Williams

Wendi S. Williams, Ph.D.
Associate Professor & Coordinator, Counseling Programs
Chair, Department of Counseling and School Psychology

Department of Counseling and School Psychology
School of Education
Long Island University - Brooklyn
Office 9 Hanover Place, 4th Floor, Brooklyn, NY, 11217
Phone: 718-780-4369; Fax: 718-246-6351
Email: wendi.williams at liu.edu<mailto:wendi.williams at liu.edu>
Web: drwendiwilliams.com

[cid:9D5E6AAA-2383-41B5-8222-8BD3954D1CB8]