[Bkn-school-of-education-csp-mhc] Seeking research study participants: Racial Micro-aggressions in Academic Settings (Chance to win a $25 Amazon Gift card)

Zalika Taylor Zalika.Taylor at liu.edu
Thu Mar 24 12:55:55 EDT 2016

Dear Students, see below another opportunity to participate in a research study utilizing a new measure of racial microaggressions.
My name is Yarimar Ortiz-Frontera and I am a doctoral student in School Psychology at the University of Rhode Island. I am conducting a study for my dissertation to assess the psychometric properties of a newly developed scale of racial microaggressions in academic settings. The purpose of the study is to gain a better understanding of how graduate students in Psychology and other Mental Health fields from racial/ethnic minority backgrounds experience racial microaggressions in their academic setting. A second purpose is to learn how graduate students think about retention and attrition from graduate program.

Racial microaggressions are defined as "brief and commonplace daily verbal, behavioral, and environmental indignities, whether intentional or unintentional, that communicate hostile, derogatory, or negative racial slights and insults to the target person or group." For more information about racial microaggressions please contact the investigator.

The survey is expected to take approximately 20-25 minutes to complete. Participants may enter in a raffle to win one of four $25 gift cards to Amazon.com<http://amazon.com/>. Responses are anonymous and there are no foreseen risks of participation. Participants may withdraw at any time without penalty.

You may participate in this study if you:

-          Are a graduate student in Psychology or Mental Health related fields with a practicum component
 -         Identify from a racial/ethnic minority background

-          At least have completed two months of graduate school work

To participate in the study please select the link below.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/CH53NF3

Please direct any questions to Yarimar Ortiz-Frontera (yortiz_frontera at my.uri.edu<mailto:yortiz_frontera at my.uri.edu>) or Dissertation Mentor, Dr. Charles Collyer (collyer at uri.edu<mailto:collyer at uri.edu>). This project has been approved by the Institutional Review Board of the University of Rhode Island.

Please consider forwarding this email to others who may meet the criteria for participation.

Thank you for your consideration.

Sincerely,
Yarimar Ortiz-Frontera, M.A.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/CH53NF3