[Bkn-school-of-education-csp-mhc] Fall 2016 Registration for Counseling Students

Zalika Taylor Zalika.Taylor at liu.edu
Mon Mar 14 14:56:04 EDT 2016

Hello Students,

The Fall registration process begins the week of March 14, 2016; as in the past, registration can be completed online through your MYLIU account or in person at 9 Hanover Place. The Fall 2016 semester dates are: Wednesday September 7th - Thursday December 22nd, 2016.

Each student has a specific Enrollment Date. You can check for your scheduled day and time on your MYLIU account. You can find your enrollment time and day by logging into your MYLIU account and checking under ENROLLMENT (right side of main page in Student Center).

If you do not have an appointment time; then you most likely have a financial hold on your account that must be fixed. You must contact the Enrollment Services Office on main campus to assist you with this issue. You can also check to see if you have any other holds (Admissions, Health Services, etc.) by checking in on your Student Center page of MYLIU under HOLDS.

Remember if you have any holds on your account: financial, health or academic; you will not be able to register for classes ONLINE. If the issue is not corrected and you want to ensure placement in a preferred section of a course; then registration can be done in person if you have a financial hold. You can  come to my office for a registration card and then take it to Enrollment Services for processing.

The schedule of classes for Fall 2016 is available by clicking on the "Search for Classes" button on the top right of your MyLIU homepage or the following link: https://webapps.liu.edu/courseschedules/schedules.aspx?campus=B.

Remember that you must submit paperwork to Ms. Christina Scheinberg first before you are approved to register for Practicum or Internship.

* A Few Important Reminders...

  *   If you have INCs, an F or is on academic probation; you will not be able to move forward until these issues are taken care. Therefore, if you fall within this category, you must come in to meet with me or your faculty coordinator prior to registering for classes.
Counseling Faculty Coordinators are:
Ellen Short

Mental Health Counseling, School Counseling & Bilingual School Counseling - Graduate

Ellen.short at liu.edu<mailto:Jay.shuttleworth at liu.edu>

718- 488-3358

Kiran Arora

Marriage & Family Therapy - Graduate

Kiran.arora at liu.edu<mailto:Kiran.arora at liu.edu>

718-780-4044

  *
Each class, based on the size of enrollment, is subject to being divided to insure reasonable class size. Students wishing to take a class with the professor of their choice are advised to register early. We do not have waitlist for courses.

  *
Keep in mind that being an active participant in your educational process means checking your LIU account, transcript and degree audit to make sure your information, grades, etc. are all correct.  This will give you time to fix things if need be in a timely manner. I have attached a degree audit along with a program of study for you to review. You can save your specific program for your files.

  *
Permission codes are available for students who meet the prerequisite guidelines for online registration and course progression.

Any questions or concerns, my contact information is below and my office hours; do give at least 24 hours for a response back. I thank you for your patience.

My Office Hours are, no appointment necessary:
Mondays - Thursdays10:30am-6:00pm
Fridays 10:00am-5:00pm

Zalika

"If you're not willing to learn, No one can help you. If you're determined to learn, No one can stop you." - Anonymous

Zalika Taylor
Academic Advisor/Enrollment Services Counselor
School of Education
9 Hanover Place, Room 430
Brooklyn, New York 11201
Email: zalika.taylor at liu.edu<mailto:zalika.taylor at liu.edu>
Phone: (718) 488- 1381<tel:%28718%29%20488-%201381>
Fax: (718) 488- 3472<tel:%28718%29%20488-%203472>