[Bkn-school-of-education-csp-mhc] NYMCHA Convention

Zalika Taylor Zalika.Taylor at liu.edu
Mon Mar 7 16:52:47 EST 2016

Dear Mental Health Counseling students:

I'm writing to encourage you to consider attending the New York Mental Health Counselors Association (NYMCHA) convention, which will be held, April 15-17, 2016 at the Albany Marriott in Albany, NY.

The convention is held every other year and focuses on the field of mental health counseling, including issues related to licensure, and professional identities of LMHC's.  There is a keynote speaker, interesting workshops and presentations this year, all focusing on current issues in the field of mental health counseling; a variety of universities and colleges including LIU will be represented at the convention.  There will also be a luncheon, a dinner with a DJ and dancing, as well as an information session.
I will also be attending as a faculty representative from our MHC program.

The registration cost for the students who are non-members of NYMCHA is:  $155.00 and for members:  $145.00.  The travel to and from Albany can easily be done by train (AMTRAK) and lodging is available at the Albany Marriott or other hotels in the area.

I encourage you to consider attending the convention - it's a very good way to enhance your professional identity as a mental health counselor-in-training, to learn about new, important and interesting aspects of the field, and to meet and interact with your peers.

The website is:  NYMCHA.org<http://nymcha.org>.

ELS

Ellen L. Short, Ph.D.
Associate Professor and Program Coordinator
School of Education
Department of Counseling and School Psychology
Long Island University/Brooklyn Campus
9 Hanover Place, 4th Floor,
Office 419, Brooklyn, NY 11201
Phone:  (718) 488-3358