[Bkn-school-of-education-csp-mhc] Message to Students and Alumni

Shinelle Romeo-Walcott Shinelle.Romeo at liu.edu
Wed Jul 6 09:55:18 EDT 2016

Sent on behalf of Dr. Wendi Williams

Dear LIU - Brooklyn Counseling Students and Alumni,

I am writing to share that at the end of the summer I will be closing out nearly 10 years of work in my role as a professor of Counseling at LIU-Brooklyn.  I imagine this news will come as a surprise to some and as I prepare to leave, I am struck by all the experiences and memories that cross my mind and make it so very difficult to transition.  Even so, I feel grateful for the opportunities I have had to grow and learn with many of you through our work together in class, through research, and some of the extracurricular programs we've experienced together, such as attending conferences and the book groups.

I am moving on to serve in the role as the Associate Dean of Academic Affairs at Bank Street College of Education (www.bankstreet.edu<http://www.bankstreet.edu/>). In this new role I will have an opportunity to further my work and vision relative to intersectionality, leadership, mental health, and wellness to understand and shape the educational experiences for diverse students, families, teachers, and communities.  I am very excited about the opportunity to engage in large and small scale programming and developments that will shape the academic and socio-emotional outcomes for young people and the adults who prepare to be effective practitioners and supports for them. I know that as you all value the role of counselors in the lives of children and adults in families, schools and communities, you can relate to these underlying values and passions I am choosing to pursue now.

Though I am excited, it remains quite difficult to leave both my colleagues at LIU and YOU, the many students I have grown to love and learn from over the years.  It has been such an immense pleasure to work with each and every one of you.  For your time, presence and engagement, I thank you.

Though I will move on from LIU, I will continue to be based in the New York metropolitan area. Please feel free to see what I am up to as regular updates are made to my website at drwendiwilliams.com. I am also very engaged on professional social media sites and you should feel free to connect with and follow me at:
LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/wendi-williams-a5057057<http://www.linkedin.com/in/wendi-williams-a5057057>
Twitter: @drwendiwilliams<https://twitter.com/drwendiwilliams>

I look forward to the new experiences in the future and the myriad ways our paths may cross.

Sincerely,

Dr. Wendi S. Williams

Shinelle Romeo-Walcott, MHRM
Office Manager, School of Education
LIU Brooklyn
9 Hanover Place, 4th Floor, Room #401
Brooklyn, New York 11201
Email - Shinelle.Romeo at LIU.edu<mailto:Shinelle.Romeo at LIU.edu>
Phone - 718.488.1055
Fax - 718.488.3472