[Bkn-school-of-education-csp-mhc] Student Placement Inquiry

Christina Scheinberg Christina.Scheinberg at liu.edu
Thu Feb 25 16:03:58 EST 2016

Dear Mental Health Counseling Students,

Rainbow Heights Club is a social club for individuals in the LGBT community who also have a mental health diagnoses.  Rainbow Heights Club not only provides each client with a hot meal but with a safe haven to grow.  Many of these individuals refer to Rainbow Heights as their second home.  That being said, supportive counseling and increasing awareness around daily living skills during meal prep and clean up in the kitchen is a part of daily activity for the student intern.

Staff at Rainbow Heights Clubs may identify with a gender identity and sexual orientation and they ask that all staff (and interns) be at ease enough with themselves and mindful that members can speak freely about what is going on for them.

Ms. Hoffman is looking for a summer internship student, or a summer II practicum student who intends on remaining for Internship I and II, or a summer I practicum student who intends on remaining for Internship I and II AND who will dedicate the entire summer, although these extra summer hours will not count toward their future internships.

During your experience at Rainbow Heights Club you will be working toward helping individuals connect to outside resources while providing them with supportive counseling.  You will have the opportunity to run life and social skills groups daily and individual brief interventions as needed.

Since Rainbow Heights Club is a social club, you will wear many different hats and participate in a variety of activities, depending on each individual’s needs.

Further, Ms. Hoffman asks that any interested student should be available on Wednesdays from 12:30-2PM for staff meeting and supervision.  The organization itself is open M-F from 12:30-7:30PM

Information on how to apply is below:

Social Club     LGBT and Mental Health  Rainbow Heights Club    718-852-2584    25 Flatbush Ave #4, Brooklyn, NY 11217  Rebecca Hoffman, LMSW           rebeccahoffman at rainbowheights.org               Email Resume and Cover Letter   Accepting practicum and internship students. Must be available Wed 1230-2PM. Organization open 1230-730PM

Christina.Scheinberg at liu.edu
Phone 718.780.4087
Fax 718. 488.3472
Office Hours: M:10-4, W: 10-6, TH: 11-4

[cid:5A453C5F-B119-4CE4-929E-4FF1F28E90D3]