[Bkn-school-of-education-csp-mhc] ABA Advanced Certificate program at LIU-Brooklyn

Andrew Livanis Andrew.Livanis at liu.edu
Sun Dec 4 15:36:10 EST 2016

Please join us for our informational session which where we will discuss the Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) Advanced Certificate program available at LIU-Brooklyn, which will be held on Wednesday December 14, 2016 from 3pm - 4pm at:

School of Education

9 Hanover Place,

Brooklyn, NY 11201

Room 301 (3rd floor)

Many of you have asked about the ABA in general, and the ABA program here at LIU-Brooklyn.ABA, applied behavioral analysis, is simply the application of behavioral principles, to everyday situations, that will, over time, increase or decrease targeted behaviors.

ABA has been used to help individuals acquire many different skills, such as language skills, self-help skills, and play skills; in addition, these principles can help to decrease maladaptive behaviors such as aggression, self-stimulatory behaviors, and self-injury. There are many providers of ABA services, many of whom are quite good. Frequently, a parent will choose a qualified provider with whom they share similar philosophical approaches in the application of intensive behavioral interventions.

There are two bodies that govern the profession of behavior analysis.  The first is the Behavior Analyst Certification Board (BACB) while the other is the New York State Office of Professions (OP).  Both of these bodies have similar requirements, but they do differ slightly.  We feel that we have developed a course of study where we can satisfy both organizations and we will explain how.

Please RSVP ahead of time as seating will be limited.

?

Andrew Livanis, Ph.D., BCBA-D
Chair,
Associate Professor,
    School Psychology program
    Applied Behavior Analysis program
President,
    New York Association of School Psychologists

Long Island University - Brooklyn Campus
9 Hanover Place
Brooklyn, NY 11201