[Bkn-school-of-education-csp-mhc] To All Interested Students for Summer I Elective... ENG 530!!!

Zalika Taylor Zalika.Taylor at liu.edu
Fri Apr 22 12:24:30 EDT 2016

Dear Students, if you are looking for an Elective to add to your program for the Summer. Here is an option for you!!!!

The Soul of Lefferts

Photographs by Courtney Mooney

English 530: Topics in Writing

Documentary Writing

3 credits

Professor Deborah Mutnick

Summer Session 1

May 16 - June 27, 2016

MW 6:00 to 8:55 pm

English 530, Documentary Writing, is a course on the historical antecedents, especially the 1930s Federal Writers' Project, for work like the Soul of Lefferts. We will partner with Courtney Mooney to capture the stories of her subjects as she expands her collection. Learn the history of documentary art and participate in conducting oral history interviews with PLG residents and drafting text for a prospective book modeled after Richard Wright's 12 Million Black Voices and other WPA era narrative photography projects.

English 530 is open to all graduate and qualified undergraduate students!