[Bkn-school-of-education-csp-mhc] FW: Opportunity for Students - L.O.V.E. Mentoring Program

Zalika Taylor Zalika.Taylor at liu.edu
Tue Apr 19 16:54:47 EDT 2016

Dear Students,

My name is Claudia Espinosa. I am the Founder and Director for the Latinas On the Verge of Excellence - L.O.V.E. Mentoring Program.

The L.O.V.E. Mentoring Program supports and empowers young Latinas to strive both in school and in life by providing positive role models. The program aims to increase high school graduation rates and college enrollment among young Latinas through positive role modeling.

The L.O.V.E. Mentoring Program works in partnership with organizations, universities and public schools whose mission is to enhance the well-being of young girls and Hispanic communities in New York. Mentors (university female students) volunteer their time to meet with their mentees (students referred from partner high schools) for one hour and a half every week. The mentoring sessions concentrate on developing study skills, providing college information and self-empowerment activities.

Currently, we are expanding our programs to serve more young Latinas in New York by increasing our pool of mentors as well as collaborating with several new high schools. In order to continue growing and thus strengthening L.O.V.E., we need support from universities like yours. I am reaching out today to see if it'd be possible for your department to share information about our program with your students so they can have the opportunity to participate as L.O.V.E. mentors. There's also the opportunity of establishing the L.O.V.E. Mentoring Program as an off-campus employer for your students Federal Work Study.

I invite you to take a look at our website: www.lovementoring.org<http://www.lovementoring.org>.

Thank you in advance for your help and attention. I look forward to any questions!

Sincerely,

Claudia Espinosa
L.O.V.E. Founder and Director
www.lovementoring.org<http://www.lovementoring.org/>

This listserv is provided for informational purposes only. LIU is not responsible for the content of the linked site(s). Links to resources or to job postings on this listserv do not serve and should not be interpreted as an endorsement or recommendation from The School of Education of LIU Brooklyn or any particular organization or entity. LIU assumes no liability for the materials supplied by third parties. We welcome your feedback regarding the information you have obtained from the listserv.